MINI Releases First Countryman Accessories

Discussion in 'MINI News and Articles' started by Nathan, May 7, 2010.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    It’s likely no surprise to anyone that MINI is looking to release an enormous amount of apparel and accessories for the Countryman. The first of that was shown to the public today for the first time in the form of the “MINI Getaway Package”. The set (seen above) includes the MINI Countryman Seats, two comfortable [...][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More...

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Some of the comments are saying things like what a waste of space for this accessory package. I think it fits the line perfectly. How very British to include a picnic setup in the design. For those that do not opt for this item the space is still there and is hidden. Why lament that the space is wasted when one has the option. We have to keep in mind the US is not the only market and this is just an option that will probably sold more from the parts counter than with a new Countryman.

3. Rally

Rally New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Because the internet was made for whining about things :lol:

I don't see how something can be a waste of space when it's being USED to carry something. :confused5:

4. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    A picnic table you say? How unoriginal. I recall a Honda sales man was very proud of the picnic table that came in the then brand new Honda CRV sometime in the mid '90s. He didn't know jack about engine size, horse power, transmission, or warranty, but the picnic table...oh, that was something he was absolutely convinced would revolutionize the car market. :arf:

5. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Very British indeed. Nothing like a picnic at the beach with ones trousers rolled up, and your lady friend tanning her legs while wearing her nylons:Thumbsup:.

Mark

6. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Gotta have someplace to set the "Bangers 'N' Mash".

7. Jabbles

Jabbles New Member

May 4, 2009
    HVAC service
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I like the picnic table idea, not sure if I would use it myself but it's nice to have something like that when you need it.

8. MightyStripes

MightyStripes New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Oct 29, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same here I think its another thing to make these little cars standout from all the others out there! :Thumbsup: