MINI Roadside

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by moliver34, Jun 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. moliver34

moliver34 New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Be very careful with MINI Roadside.
    This is just a word of caution. An engine light came on in my 2012 MINI. I live 100 mi away from my dealer so MINI Roadside contracted a tow company to come pick her up and take her to the dealer. As per policy of MINI USA and MINI Roadside, she was put on a flat-bed tow truck. On the re-turn trip, 14 May 2014, however, things did not happen per policy. She was towed behind a tow truck with back wheels on the road and the front wheels 3 ft up in the air traveling down Interstate 75 from Atlanta to Warner Robins, GA. The entire front of the car has suffered from gravel impact damage. Everything on the front end needs to be either replaced or re-painted (hood, hood trim, head lights, fog lights, bumper, roof, side mirror caps, front air dam, and wind-shield). MINI USA and MINI Roadside will not cover the damage and the tow company (who was under contract by MINI USA and MINI Roadside, of course indicates they did not damage the car. Both parties did agree, through a posted letter and an email, that the tow policy was not followed but there was no possible way my vehicle could have been damaged. When a vehicle goes to any MINI dealer for service, it is inspected for body damage (so the dealer is not held liable for damage they did not do, MINI USA policy). The service report from the dealer indicates no damage at all. $5k worth of damage and no one is to blame and no one knows how it happened in the course of 100 mi from the dealer to my house. MINI USA or Roadside will not repair your vehicle if it is damaged while under their care. Oh, MINI Roadside is actually Allstate Roadside.

Michael

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    #2 Dave.0, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    Welcome to M/A the FUN Mini site. :Thumbsup:

Sorry about your MINI hope you get that worked out somehow.

I guess Allstate is really not the "Your in good hands people". :mad2:

3. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to m/a.

Sorry to hear about your MINI

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator