Mini News MINI Sales up 13% for December 2012, Up 15% for year over 2011

Discussion in 'MINI News and Articles' started by Nathan, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

MINI USA reported the best December ever with sales of 6,456 automobiles, an increase of 13.0 percent from the 5,711 sold in December, 2011. This marks the seventh consecutive month of record sales and ninth “best month†of 2012. For the year, MINI sales in the U.S. are up 15.0 percent on volume of 66,123 compared to 57,511 sold in 2011, making 2012 the brand’s best year ever in the U.S.

“We like to say the world is becoming more MINI and the record 2012 sales is the perfect conclusion to our 10th anniversary year in the U.S.,†said Jim McDowell, Vice President, MINI USA. “We are a quick and agile brand with an expanding vehicle portfolio, a growing dealer network and a great year ahead.â€

2. JECO

JECO Active Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Newsletter producer, retired DOT chief
    Crozet, VA
    Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Looks like it were not for the Countryman, Roadster, and Coupe, MINI sales would be down. I guess we helped with our Countryman and Roadster acquisitions, which continue to wow us. Larger dealer network? I didn't know that.

3. Gil-galad

Gil-galad Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Male
    Decorah, IA
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    The Roadster numbers finally seem to be making appreciable gains on Cabrio sales. Supply must be catching up with demand. 52 behind and closing the gap... :wink:

4. DrivingMyMINI

DrivingMyMINI New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    MINI Best Year Ever / Roadster

I love the fact that MINI is experiencing growth. That growth coupled with JD Power awards is phenomenal news for the brand.

I love the Roadster so I am glad to see it doing well but I would love to see more advertising or awareness around this vehicle. Twice now I've had a MINI Roadster as a loaner for the entire weekend. Of course I took advantage of having this awesome drop top by driving it all over (and loving every minute of it). The car draws lots of attention - which is fun, of course - but all the people that asked me about the car did not know MINI makes a little two-seater convertible.

John
    DrivingMyMINI
    www.DrivingMyMINI.blogspot.com
    @DrivingMyMINI
    www.facebook.com/drivingmymini