MINI Press Release MINI TAKES THE STATES 2018 (July 14 -22)

P90290001_highRes_mini-usa-announces-o.jpg
By MCS02 · Mar 19, 2018 ·
  1. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,875 / 10 / -3
    MINI TAKES THE STATES 2018

West is the best. Or, is it the East? This MTTS you get to decide. But don't worry, no matter where you start we've saved the best for last. Two routes that converge as one big MINI family in the majestic Rocky Mountains. As you wind your way toward Colorado, you and your MINI will enjoy More of What Matters. More back roads. More stories. More wonder. More waves. More fun. More friends. Whether you join for a few days or rally all the way to the Rockies, it's guaranteed to be an amazing experience.

ABOUT MINI TAKES THE STATES.

Q. WHAT IS MINI TAKES THE STATES?
    A. MINI TAKES THE STATES (MTTS) is a consumer based loyalty event that will simultaneously kick-off in Orlando, FL and Portland, OR on Saturday, July 14, 2018 and converge at Keystone Resort in Colorado on Friday, July 20 where a weekend of activities, awesome drives and unique experiences await. MINI owners will rally across the country stopping only to sleep and eat while having the time of their lives along the way. It's the seventh biennial MINI road rally and it's sure to be yet another unforgettable experience.

Q. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN MTTS?
    A. Owners and future owners from all over the country are invited to participate, however you have to drive a MINI in the rally. Owners can drive one or multiple legs of the route or go all the way. Future owners can test drive our MINI family of vehicles at a local MINI dealer.

[​IMG]
    ABOUT REGISTRATION.

Q. HOW DO I REGISTER?
    A. Registration will open through MINITAKESTHESTATES.com on April 3, 2018.

Q. IS THERE A FEE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MTTS RALLY?
    A. Yes, there is a tiered pricing structure to participate in MTTS. The fee is per person and is non-transferable and non-refundable. You are welcome to join us for just a few stops or rally the full route. All tickets must be purchased in advance.

Ticket Prices.

$75 - Road Rally Ticket (includes all rally cities from Portland or Orlando up to but not including Keystone Resort, CO)
    $75 - Rockies Rally Ticket (includes all events at Keystone Resort from Friday, July 20 through Sunday, July 22)
    $125 - All Access Ticket (includes all rally cities and Colorado weekend)

Children 12 and under are free.

Q. WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE FEE?
    A. Paid registration will include access to all MTTS events based on the ticket type purchased. Typically MINI provides a grab 'n go breakfast each morning. New this year, all evenings will be on own, allowing you the flexibility to experience the drives at your own pace without time pressure to get to the next city. MTTS participants should expect to cover all supplementary costs associated with their participation in the program. This includes items such as hotels, gas, food and other incidentals.

As always, a portion of the proceeds from each registration fee will be donated to the official MTTS charity partner.

Q. HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN I REGISTER AT ONCE?
    A. You can register up to four people all at one time for the MTTS rally. If you need to register more than four you should create a separate registration with a different email address. Registration is not transferable. A separate registration must be made for each individual joining the rally.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    GETTING READY.

Q. WHAT IS THE AGENDA FOR EACH RALLY LOCATION?
    A. This year we're bringing MTTS back to what matters most - the drive. Each day will begin with a Rise & Rally morning event at a designated meeting point. A light breakfast and refreshments will be available and we will share a suggested rally route and information about MINI Milestones along the way.

Check back regularly at MINITAKESTHESTATES.COM for event details and updates.

Q. WHERE SHOULD I STAY?
    A. You are responsible for your accommodation arrangements and may stay wherever you wish. A list of suggested hotels in Portland, Orlando and Keystone will be provided on MINITAKESTHESTATES.com once available. These locations will range in price and uniqueness, and will provide participants the opportunity to customize their experience.

Q. HOW CAN I LEARN ABOUT MTTS UPDATES?
    A. Join the email list and check back on MINITAKESTHESTATES.com periodically to see what is new. You can also follow MINI USA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Q. IS MINI USA ASSISTING WITH VEHICLE TRANSPORT?
    A. As there are so many different home locations, we recommend that attendees coordinate amongst themselves. A few car clubs and groups on Facebook are coordinating requests. MINI USA is not coordinating this effort on a national level.

Q. IS THERE A WAY TO CONNECT WITH PEOLE LOOKING TO RIDESHARE?
    A. We recommend that attendees coordinate amongst themselves. A few car clubs and groups on Facebook are coordinating requests. MINI USA is not coordinating this effort on a national level.

Q. CAN I RENT A MINI AND PARTICIPATE?
    A. Some car rental companies do have MINI vehicles in their fleet but there is no guarantee that if you book a MINI, you will get a MINI. MINI USA does not coordinate car rentals.

Q. WILL THERE BE A MTTS MERCHANDISE COLLECTION?
    A. As always, MINI will offer a limited selection of items for sale to support the event. Look for the online sales site to go live when registration opens in April.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    ON THE ROAD.

Q. WILL OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS AND MEALS BE INCLUDED FOR PARTICIPANTS AT THE STOPS?
    A. All accommodations will need to be paid for by the individual for the duration of their participation in the MTTS program. Food will be included at MTTS Rise & Rally morning events and at the Colorado Weekend morning and evening events.

Q. WILL THERE BE AN MTTS EVENT APP?
    A. Yes, the official MTTS event app will be available for download before MTTS hits the road.

Q. ARE PETS WELCOME AT MTTS?
    A. You are welcome to bring your pet along for the ride, however please be aware not all venues or hotels accommodate pets. Participants must honor Service Animal Only policies and be cognizant that some event locations can be high-heat and uncomfortable for pets. Please refer to the Rally Schedule for event venue information and contact your chosen hotel for their pet policy.

Q: IS IT POSSIBLE TO JUMP FROM ONE ROUTE TO THE OTHER e.g. DALLAS (EAST) TO SANTA, FE (WEST)?
    A. The rally was developed as two separate routes without cross-over. If you purchase an All Access Ticket, your credentials will work for both routes however, there will be limitations on information you are able to access through the event app as well as the route turn-by-turn directions.

Here is a link to the official "forum" for this event: https://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/mini-takes-the-states-2018.569/

2. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    If I am not mistaken, this is the third thread on this forum about MTTS 2018.

Can we consolidate them? I'm an art major guy -- I get easily confused. o_O

3. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Good call - There are two different post that are very similar. The first was the official route, this has the event registration information etc.. pretty similar. Let me see what I can do here to consolidate.
    Here is a link to the actual forum with all the threads: https://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/mini-takes-the-states-2018.569/

Ideally, we can have all the MTTS 2018 threads in the forum so when folks are looking for information its all there.

4. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,875 / 10 / -3
    Maybe I should have thought to move that forum here. Sorry