MINI Tops JD Power Survey of Dealer Service Experience

Discussion in 'MINI News and Articles' started by Nathan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    MINI ranked highest for customer satisfaction with dealer service in J.D. Power and Associates’ 2011 Customer Service Index Study released today.

Among mass-market brands, Mini scored the highest out of 21 brands, moving up from fifth place last year because of improvements in the quality of service and the vehicle pick-up experience

The J.D. Power study looks at owner satisfaction with visits to dealer service departments for maintenance or repair work during the first three years of ownership — the time when most vehicles are under a manufacturer’s warranty.

More than 97,300 owners and lessees of 2006-10 model vehicles were surveyed between October and December of last year.

Tracking 5 areas of service

Five areas of service are measured: quality, how easy it is to get an appointment, the service adviser, the facility, and the vehicle pick-up experience.

J.D. Power has conducted the CSI survey for 31 years but decided to separate premium and nonpremium brands because they attract different buyers.

“They are two different segments with two different buyers, and it is an entirely different experience,†said Jon Osborn, director of research for J.D. Power.

The scores for both luxury and mass market brands were tied to vehicle quality, said Osborn. “The CSI scores for maintenance work are generally higher than those for repair,†he said. “Vehicle repair problems are often unplanned, inconvenient and they are harder to fix than routine maintenance.â€

As vehicle quality improves and dealers fix problems on the first try, “it becomes the little things that make the difference between an outstanding and a truly exceptional service experience,†he said.

These include service advisors that providing extra advice, are familiar with a customer’s service history, and ensure a vehicle is clean when it’s returned.

“It is the smaller things that are providing more of an impact as dealers do the basics correctly,†Osborn said. "Most brands are improving – the entire industry has improved year-over-year for the past 10 years at an industry level."

Source - Automotive News

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Well at least I know that they read my answers now. I was getting a little miffed when the kept sending return letters and emails wanting me to explain my answers in greater depth. Hell, it was like English Comp 101, the 500 word theme: please compare, contrast, and elaborate more.:lol: But now, I guess that it did some good although I was only 1 out of how many thousand respondents?:Thumbsup:

Jason

3. Motoring Magic

Motoring Magic New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Dec 13, 2009
    Motoring Magic Owner, Ventura County's ONLY MINI s
    Thousand Oaks, Vta cty, socal
    Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    wow is that skewed compared to local experience

at least 2 local to me dealers couldn't rate better than a terrible and big zero around these parts--of course I am not complaing because the closest dealer is my biggest referral initiation point. They drive customers to me with thier surly attitude and exorbitat prices!:D

4. jcauseyfd

jcauseyfd New Member

May 25, 2009
    Graham, NC
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    haha Jason - I feel your pain.

5. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Thanks man. Trying to do something nice and they want to give you the 3rd degree. Oh well.........gotta laugh right?...........no good deed goes unpunished:lol::Thumbsup:

Jason

6. Silver Ghost

Silver Ghost New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Central Jersey Shore
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On the other side of the coin

I just read on MOTORINGFILE - 'MINI Dead Last in J.D. Power “Dependability†Study'.
    :confused5:

7. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    More practice than anyone else to get the dealer service experience right?