Mini News MINIs Countryman and Coupe/Roadster tops in J D Power APEAL study

Discussion in 'MINI News and Articles' started by Nathan, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Each year, J.D. Power and Associates evaluate the opinions of owners after their first 90 days with a new car, looking for overall satisfaction with performance, comfort, design, and more, in the form of the APEAL study.

The J.D. Power and Associates Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study examines what consumers like about their new vehicles after 90 days of ownership. Often referred to as "things gone right," APEAL is based on eight categories of vehicle performance and design: engine/transmission; ride, handling and braking; comfort/convenience; seats; cockpit/instrument panel; heating, ventilation and cooling; sound system; and styling/exterior.

MINI's 2012 Countryman nabbed the Compact Crossover SUV win, while the 2012 MINI Coupe/Roadster get the nod for top Compact Sporty Car. While MINI is generally perceived as a premium brand amongst its competition, it isn't classified as such by J.D. Power. The APEAL study results might be somewhat surprising given their relatively low Initial Quality Study scores, but the results likely reflect a difference in what is being measured, and how it's measured, as anything else.

J.D. Power 2012 APEAL Study - Car Performance Ratings | J.D. Power

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Sooooo......not everyone thinks that MINI has lost its way :biggrin5: I, for one, love my new Coupe and feel that it is the best MINI I've owned to date :smilewinkgrin: (4 so far)

3. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I agree Mark. I did not influence my wife in anyway to buy a CM. It was interesting that she researched every compact, 4WD SUV out there (some of which I had never heard of) for price, options and mpg. She found that the CM was the best deal out there. :Thumbsup:

Jim