MINIs on Top Wrapup

Discussion in 'MINIS On Top (June 25 - 26, 2010)' started by Nathan, Jun 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    MINIs on Top 2010 is in the books, and it was a good one! We had 240 cars registered. 358 people went up the mountain. They didn’t see much, but it was an exciting drive in both directions, and everyone made it down safe and sound. The Attitash Grand Summit continues to impress — great rooms and great staff.

Friday night ice cream was sponsored by New Country MINI, Saturday breakfast by MINI of Peabody, and Saturday night party fixin’s by MINI Eastern region — thanks to all!

The Trivia contest had new leadership in Ivan and Kathryn, supported by the trivial veterans from Cape Cod MINI. Judging from the cheers and groans it was a big hit.

The Loon Lot was the usual great gathering of MINIS. Thanks to the fabulous parking crew — Kevin, Pete, Jon, Rick and Lois — everyone fit in and got out. The car wash was a success, the boot sale was thriving, the Concours d’Elegance was elegant, and we made new friends at the Lincoln & Gorham volunteer Fire Departments. The Photo Scavenger Hunt was a huge success, and everyone arrived at the Auto Road with their wheels down.
    Michael Smith may have done his sexiest turn yet as Emcee (or maybe not). We had awards for young and old and near and far, and we had a chance to extend much deserved thanks to Ian, Michael, and Theo for years of service to MoT. We gave out 10 boots full of prizes, thanks to many generous donors and the hard work of Sheena and Armen.

All-in-all, a helluva good time. Share your thoughts here, and send us your links to wherever you like to share photos online — we’ll make a list.

See you in 2011.

2. johnnylaw

johnnylaw New Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My first MOT, and good fun all around (in spite of the 15 ft visibility!). Recommended for those in need of a Mini saturation day.

Cheers,

johnny

3. BLUCOOPR

BLUCOOPR New Member

May 21, 2009
    Retired Truck Driver
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    2nd MOT

My second MOT and I cheated by going up and staying a whole week. Great weather and great driving road. I stayed at the Bartlett Inn & BB and they took very good care of me. Good Lord willing I will return next year. I saw several Moose and Black Bears dumpster diving at Hills BBQ. Alot of beautiful country in New England! Sort of use to the bad weather on top of Mount Washington. BLUCOOPR has been up Mt Evans 8 times, 4 daytime and 4 midnight runs, 14,264 which also at night windy and cold. Next year I will bring some ducks! Donated a bottle of wine from Mini Motoring Club of Carolinas that we had made for our Helen Georgia rally. I hope the winner enjoyed the Mini Merlot! Congradulations on putting together a great event! Luther (Luke)

4. hexmonkey

hexmonkey New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First time at MOT for my wife and me, and we had a blast! We will definitely be back next year.

Anybody have a source for a smaller "this car climbed mt washington" sticker or magnet? I could have sworn I saw at least one MINI wearing a sticker or magnet next to their rear license plate...