MOL AutoX @ MITM 2011

Discussion in 'Minis In the Mountains (August 4-7, 2011)' started by MINIMaybee, Jul 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. MINIMaybee

MINIMaybee Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    MINI of Loveland Autocross
    Autocross will be held Friday Aug. 5 (all day). YOU MUST REGISTER PRIOR TO MITM EVENT. No walk-up registration. Registration includes both the walk through and competition, per driver. No refunds unless event is canceled. Autocross School and Competition timing conducted by the Rocky Mountain Chapter, BMW Car Club of America (see Autocross section).
    Drivers will be guaranteed at least 3 runs per heat. With the right conditions, it may be possible that each will receive more than 3 runs per heat. All runs per heat will be timed; however, morning runs will be considered practice runs and those times will not be used to determine class rankings. Afternoon runs are the runs that count. Use what you’ve learned during the course walks and the morning runs to post a fast time.

Friday August 5th:

• 7:00am: Gates open, check-in open
    • 8:00am: Course open for walking, Novice course walk(s)
    • 9:15am: All-hands drivers meeting
    • 9:30am: First car off, morning heat 1
    • 12:00am: Break for Lunch
    • 1:00pm: First car off, afternoon heat 2
    • 3:30pm: End of Event
    Autocross means:
    1. Drivers must be at least 16 years of age, licensed and insured – NO VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE = NO DRIVING, NO EXCEPTIONS!
    2. Most insurance policies will not cover your vehicle or harm that could result from participating. Please check with your insurance carrier.
    3. When you are not driving you will be working the course (all-day committment)
    4. Car inspection and helmets rated Snell 2000 or newer are required. Limited quantities of loaner helmets will be available.
    5. Registrants will receive additional information about car calssifications, numbering, tech inspections and work duties prior to MITM event via email.
    6. First timers, please familiarize yourself with autocross before signing up.
    7. Autocross Registration is with MITM 2011, not with Rocky Mountain Chapter, BMW Car Club of America
    8. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocross"]Autocross[/ame]​
    Please download, print and read the 2011 MITM AutoX Event Guide: AutoXGuide

If you already have registered and now decided you want to do the AutoX its not too late. Simply go back to the registration and add the AutoX.

2. MINIMaybee

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Participation now stands at 12 MINIs - you guys are going to love this course!

Don't be afraid if you have never done an AutoX or if you are a novice - the AutoX Committee has set aside the morning to cover the basics and to walk the course. If you're an experienced AutoX'er you will find this is one of the better layouts and sizes you've driven.

Don't forget that if you decide you want to add something you can always go back to the registration page at www.MINIsInTheMountains.com to do so.

3. MINIMaybee

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Now at 14 MINIs as of July 10th

4. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    This is the lot for the AUTOX

PSIA.

Register, drive the AutoX, this is only a portion of the lot, I understand the course will be fun and challenging. :wink:

I am not the designer, I have not seen the setup, I will be running my 07 on street tires. :donut1:

My 07 MCSa is on the left, the small MINI in the picture, this was taken with a E-PL2 and the 17mm lens.

[​IMG]

Don

5. MINIMaybee

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    #5 MINIMaybee, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    ...as compared to the large MINI somewhere in the shot? :lol:
    I'm guessing you can't quite see 1/4 of the entire lot in this photo. It's huge at 565 ft x 488 ft (6 acres).

6. tater tot

tater tot New Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    And its not exactly flat it has ups and downs which will add to the challenge in turns straights ect. And best of all they will be pressure washing it clean I understand before the event to make it free of any rocks ect.

7. MINIMaybee

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
  8. MINIMaybee

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Participant count now stands at 18 - a good number for a good number of runs.

9. MINIMaybee

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Final Results - MITM 2011 Autocross

The winners in this year's MITM 2011 Autocross sponsored by MINI of Loveland are as follows:

Novice - 17 entries
    1st - Aaron Ekalo, (sorry Aaron I don't have your hometown listed), 32.950 sec
    2nd - Kenton Dawkins, Loveland CO, 33.259 sec
    3rd - Christopher Dawkins, Loveland CO, 33.691 sec
    4th - Richard Craighill, Longmont CO, 34.245 sec
    5th - Rick Gonzales, Littleton CO, 34.379 sec

Cooper - 1 entry
    1st - Deb Rich, Arvada CO, 36.128 sec

Cooper S - 10 entries
    1st - Mike Lestrange, Breckenridge CO, 31.055 sec
    2nd - Ryan Telford, Parker CO, 31.645 sec
    3rd - Brett Almquist, Parker CO, 31.821 sec
    4th - Gilbert Magbag, Parker CO, 32.214 sec

Again our thanks to MINI of Loveland (www.MINIofLoveland.com) for sponsoring the first ever MITM autocross.
    Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone that participated.
    PS. There will be 17 fewer novices next year.

10. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Fun first event @ MITM

I had a blast in Scooter, I did not run the afternoon timed runs, my last practice session was a 34.3 I think.

I was having stripes put on two MINIs in the afternoon, that is another story, one got done. :arf: :confused5:

This was a well designed and run event, thanks to MINI of Loveland, Kris, Gilbert and Loyd for a great event.

Here is a little picture or two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, I ran the novice class it has been a few years since I hit the AutoX courses. :Thumbsup:

Don

11. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I entered in the novice class, since the last one I ran was in the 60's (!) but they had me in the CS class anyway. Wouldn't have mattered tho, my 33.9 was only good for about 7th place!

It was a super fun day tho!

I think with a little more experience and time to play with the settings on the car I could have been more competetive, but it was my son's car and I'd never even driven it before......

12. MINIMaybee

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Local Coverage of MOL Autocross

Here's a newspaper article from the area paper Sky-Hi:
    Autocross