2nd Gen R55 Clubman Moss has arrived

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by zinvestor, Jul 10, 2016.

1. zinvestor

zinvestor Active Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Mfg Systems Consultant
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Friday I got a new to me 2011 Clubman S - his name is Moss (to go with his cousin and garage mate Stirling). He is BRG II with a BRG II top and UJ mirror caps. I am the third owner, but he only has 28k miles, so very low mileage. I was informed the prior owner traded him in on a new 4 door hardtop. He will be my daily driver and Stirling will be promoted to just events, shows and perfect convertible days (see my post in Gen 1 Convertibles for more).

He came pretty well loaded, Premium (sunroof, auto climate control & Harman-Kardon), Cold Weather (heated seats, heated mirrors & washer jets, power folding mirrors), MINI Connected with Nav (Comfort Bluetooth & USB/iPod, MINI Nav & Voice Command), Steptronic Auto w Paddles, front fogs & Xenon headlights.

I have a few plans for him, starting with rear fog light (I HATE the empty slot in the switch panel), blinking high brake light, oil catch can and a few other things as soon as I can schedule another trip over to Detroit Tuned (Stirling is going in mid August). I'm probably going to get the roof and barn door surround wrapped with silver vinyl with a graphic to be determined and some killer stripes. As soon as the newish run flats wear down enough I'll replace the 16 inch wheels with 17s and go from 195/55-16s to 215/45-17s, probably the Conti Extreme Contact DWS all season so I don't have to swap shoes like I do with Stirling. Stirling will not have any more shoe swaps as he will be up on jack stands from November through March.

For those of you who don't believe without pictures, see below and check out my garage.

:mtrn::Thumbsup:

Attached Files:

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,869 / 10 / -3
    Looks Good!!

3. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Awesome! Congrats on the new adoption.

4. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Nice, you and I had a "spirited" run on Rt. 28 a couple of years ago at MOTD.

5. zinvestor

zinvestor Active Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Mfg Systems Consultant
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I remember. Other than the parade and Ice Cream Run pretty much every run I do at MOTD is 'spirited'. This car will probably never be joining in that kind of fun, I'm keeping Stirling to take to events.

This is my daily driver and won't be getting the suspension mods needed to attack the dragon and other roads in the area. The only thing I will be doing to him is adding Detroit Tuned brakes and 17 inch rims with 215/45-17 tires.