MOTD8 Car Show info

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 8 (April 28 - May 2, 2010)' started by BillTheCat, Apr 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BillTheCat

BillTheCat New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello fellow MINIacs! And Miniacs! If I have owned both, but now own neither, can I still lay claim to either of those titles? Meh, either way, the tag on my Mazdaspeed3 still reads "129 SLYR," so nyah-nyah! :razz:

That, however, is not the reason for me to actually post here on MA. (Yes, I did copy & paste this post from another forum... you got a problem wit dat?) The reason is that I want to give you some information about this year's MOTD Car Show. I'll be your humble host, and the fine folks at Outmotoring will be your humble sponsors.

Time: 2pm-4pm, Friday, April 30th*

*Your host will endeavour to be in place by 1pm to allow entrants to claim their favorite parking spots & begin last minute detailing, etc.

In speaking with Aaron at Outmotoring, we decided to throw in a few extra trophies this year. Perhaps these extra awards will give both our entrants and our judges (that's you- the voting public) something more to think about.

As usual, there will be limited class trophies:

New MINI (Hard top, Cabrio, MC, MCS): 1st, 2nd and 3rd place

New MINI Clubman: 1st and 2nd place

Classic Mini: 1st and 2nd place

But we will also have 4 "open class" trophies. The voters must vote for 4 different cars in these 4 categories, but they can be cars they voted for in the limited classes.

Best in Show: The overall class of the event. The MINI or Mini that just blows your mind.

The Bling King: The Mini or MINI with the most impressive use of bling. What is bling? That's for you to decide. Chrome? Checkers? Mardi Gras Beads? Stickers? Magnetic badges plastered on every metal surface? Who knows? The only suggestion here is that is must be flashy! Why? Because there's also...

The Anti-Bling King: This one is intended for the best use of stealth or blackout mods. Or de-chroming. Or carbon fiber. Whatever you call anti-bling.

The Dirty Dog: This one is meant for the slap-nastiest, most disgracefully unkempt, bug-infested, turf-covered, mud-bathed MINI/Mini whose owner has the guts and lack of shame required to put him/her on public display!

2. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Figures..... I have registration duty that time.....
    Oh well.

Someone let me know how it goes!!!!!!! :popcorn: