Moving To Connecticut

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wzabrouski, Aug 18, 2010.

1. wzabrouski

wzabrouski Active Member

May 5, 2009
    Executive Director
    Keller, TX
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I am in the process of relocating to Connecticut. We have been to Newtown a couple of times and I have family in Stratford. We liked Newtown a lot, but thought it might have been a little too small town for us. Very good schools is the most important factor. We would rather be in Northern Ct as anything by the coast is a lot more pricey and traffic is much worst. I would be commuting to NY 3 days a week so no more than 1.25 hours from Nassau county NY. Any suggestions for nice areas with no more than an acre in the 400's? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Walter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My good friends....

live in East Simsbury. It's very nice, but may be a bit too expensive. I think that those that are near the throughway for the long commute do it to find a nicer environment for kids, and they don't have that low a salary. You can also go a bit north into Mass as well.

I used to be the west coast guy for a company that was based just outside of Hartford. There is nice stuff to be had if you look for it. Maybe renting for a bit till you get the lay of the land would be a good idea.

Matt