MPG, Roadster and Countryman

Discussion in 'MINI' started by JECO, Jul 28, 2012.

1. JECO

JECO Active Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Newsletter producer, retired DOT chief
    Crozet, VA
    Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    With a few miles under our belts, I thought I would check on fuel efficiency since I keep meticulous record of all fuel purchases.

So here are the results.

First, the 2012 Roadster S. She has 1528 miles on her odom. Total gallonage purchased is 48.3 of mostly Shell 93. Driving has been predominately urban/suburban with a couple road trips including the Tarheels Blue Ridge Parkway Tour. Result: 31.6 mpg.

My wife's (Sue) 2012 Countryman S AWD. He has 1202 miles on his meter. Fuel purchased is 46.4 gallons of mostly Shell 93. One road trip and urban/suburban driving. Result: 25.9 mpg.

I would be happier with better mileage for the Countryman, but the driving fun makes up for it.

Incidentally, we have both been surveyed by marketing people; JD Power and Maritz Research.

2. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Is your CM an automatic? Ours has settled at 27mpg, but best was 31 on a long trip to GNP and Canada.

Nice record keeping, I am not that disciplined. :)

Don

3. JECO

JECO Active Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Newsletter producer, retired DOT chief
    Crozet, VA
    Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the question, Don. I should have realized how important that is. Yes, it is automatic. The Roadster is automatic, too (I wanted manual, but I wanted my spouse to have the fun of driving it).
    Jim