NEED Campsite at Dam

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 10 (May 2 - 6, 2012) - TN / NC' started by Jackson, Oct 23, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Jackson

Jackson New Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Charlotte
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just found out all camping spots are taken :mad2: and reserved. Just left MSSD and was hoping to get my campsite that I have stayed @ the last few Dragon trips.... #17.

Does anyone have room at their campsite for another tent?

I know from experience most campsites are huge.

Please PM me if you have extra room that you wouldn't mind sharing.....OR if you have a campsite you would like to give up.

Thx!
    Jackson

2. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    United States Navy ..Retired
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    This I can say.... the 3 times we camped.. the campers there were always letting others join them on their sites!! Fontana doesn't really care as long as it is a rented site.

We had 3 groups on our site. Of course all this could have changed.. I was doing this just LAST year.... but who knows about rules??? LOL

Just me................................

Thumper

PS: never seen anyone from Fontana other than to empty the trash and keep the restroom/ showers clean!!

3. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    I may need a site for camping too

4. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    Did you actually CALL Fontana about the sites? Their online reservation system will always show 'full-up' for MOTD, but if you call them, they might have spaces.

Also... some of the spaces are HUGE. We had 4 tents and my trailer on the site and still had plenty of room.

If I were going this year, I'd give you space on mine.

5. T8rChick

T8rChick Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Paying for new tires! The wheels were a deal!!!
    Oak Cliff, TX
    Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Aaron, you're going to miss out on the big 10th anniversary year? What will we do???

6. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    Yep... unfortunately I only make it to every other Dragon (unless unemployment or other circumstances offer me the opportunity to get out there at the last minute). We have other travel plans in that same part of the year, so I doubt a trip to MOTD 10 will be in my future. There is too much fun to be had in the world and not enough vacation days!

7. Curves906

Curves906 New Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    There is always lots of room and empty sites whenever we have been there. :) I would just show up and start asking at sites where you see MINIs if there is any space. It's also always funny to see the people who are obviously not there for MOTD and the looks on their faces when they see MINIs everywhere they look! :D

8. davavd

davavd Club Coordinator

May 7, 2009
    Architect
    Covington, La
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Amen to that! :Thumbsup: Sorry we won't see you this time. Thanks again for sharing your campsite last time.