Neu to MA

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by NEUMISMATIC, Jun 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. NEUMISMATIC

NEUMISMATIC New Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Build,Manage,Protect&TransferWealth
    Monrovia, CA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,
    Neumismatic neu to MA. I wasn't really a car guy, but I've enjoyed getting to know my mod'd '05MCS that I bought last summer via Scott @ Motoring Magic in 1000Oaks. Danny at MINICorsa's been real helpful too!

Did I get bit by MINI when my two kids starting spotting & calling out "MINI...MINI...MINI" or when I realized that I was ready for more fun? Not sure, but now a full year has gone by & now they're calling out "MINI, Pepper White, supercharged!" :D ...so proud of them.

Now, I'm looking for replacement tire & brake suggestions. Currently, I have Bridgestone 215/45-17 Potenza & I think Detroit-tuned brakes w/ SS lines. It's my SoCal DD with weekend mountain driving; no snow. I've no plans in the near future to take it to the track, but I'm interested in an occasional autox...! Any suggestions for tire & brake brands, tire dealers [Monrovia, CA; SanGabriel Valley]. How do you choose brake replacement parts/[specific to MINI?]service? So far, I've looked at TireRack, Costco, DiscountTire, etc...
    Thanks!!

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    First, welcome to MA. Secondly, brace yourself for a barrage of tire/wheel suggestions. Great group her that will help you :aureola:

3. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Welcome aboard. This helpful group will give you more answers to the tire/wheel question then you ever dreamed possible. :D

Jim

4. GHOST

GHOST New Member

May 18, 2011
    Military Contractor
    Oahu,Hawaii
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the forum Neumismatic!

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Thanks for signing up, it sure is appreciated.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the site!

If you're just looking for new pads and your calipers aren't stock (you said Detroit Tuned) you won't be able to search anywhere for MINI-specific options. That is, I assume the DT calipers aren't simple OE knock-offs... Might be best to get hold of Chad at DT and ask some questions.

Spend some time in our Brakes, Tires & Wheels forum. Jump in with questions in threads there and you might get some better answers.

7. Michigan Mini

Michigan Mini New Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Health Care
    Lathrup Village, MI
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Chad will help with your brake questions. I've had my '06 MCS since last summer. He has taken good care of me and my MINI.

Motor On!
    Chris

8. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Howdy:D

Mark

9. Vollgas