New source to view racing !! RaceFansTV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ScottinBend, May 30, 2010.

1. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Got this email today and it looks promising !

Hello Race Fans!

We are back!!

You probably recall that TRN, (The Racing Network), did not get off the ground, but we are now working with several partners to provide motorsport viewing alternatives to the NASCAR-centric channels available in North America. The best news is the content is here now, ready to view and is not down the road! We are not asking you to "hang in there", but to join us, log on and watch!

We recently launched the Beta version of Vintage Racing Videos, Motorsports News and Community | RaceFansTV - where you can watch full race episodes or highlights of endurance races. However, rather than show one channel, we are offering 8+ channels - including channels dedicated to Touring Car (DTM, BTCC, etc.), Open Wheel (Classic IndyCar, FIA F3, British F3, Star Mazda, etc.), Sports Car (European LeMans, American LeMans, 24 Hours at Nurburgring, etc.), Motorcycle (Supermoto, Motocross, etc.), Stock Car (European Late Model Series, ASA, ARCA, and some Classic NASCAR), Rally & Off-Road (Dakar, British Rally, etc.), Powerboat (Oryx Cup, Honda Formula 4-stroke, Offshore Powerboat, etc.), and a Documentary Channel called Highlights & General with biographies on Fangio, Senna, Clark, Shelby, Hill, Moss, etc.).

Our video content goes back to the 1930s and we have recent races including the first European LeMans event of 2010 at Le Castellet (Paul Ricard). The more you view, the easier it will be for RaceFansTV to get additional great programming for you.

We are broadcasting video streams of 500Kbps for FREE to all visitors and Members, but if you subscribe to the RaceFansTV service for about $5 per month, you can get access to a 1000Kbps or 2000Kbps stream - that will be nearly TV Quality.

At a minimum I hope you will register as a Free Member and help us get a dynamic community off the ground by actively participating in the online forums. You must be registered to post comments, but as I mentioned, there is no cost to be a Member. The discussion forums are organized around dozens of classes of racing as well as more general topics - so please explore the site and get involved.

You will also find over 8,000 news articles from the past 6 months and a Racing Wiki with over 5000 pages. This Racing Wiki has the potential to become the defacto archive of all historic racing information, so please contribute where you can.

If anyone would like to get more directly involved in RaceFansTV, we have a need for some moderators and some people to help us review videos that have not yet been loaded to improve the textual information about the individual races.

And finally, we hope you will share this news with your friends so they will join you on RaceFansTV and together we can make RaceFansTV a clear symbol that fans of motorsport really like to see a wide variety of competition. It helps us greatly when you talk about RaceFansTV on other websites with links to content on our site. Feel free to let people know about specific programs that are scheduled in the future so they can watch also. You can follow RaceFansTV on the following websites in addition to our main website: Vintage Racing Videos, Motorsports News and Community | RaceFansTV :

YouTube: YouTube - RaceFansTV's Channel (watch our videos 2 or 3 times)

FaceBook: Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

Twitter: RaceFansTV (racefanstv) on Twitter

If you have any comments or questions, you can use the Contact Us button on each page of RaceFansTV, or contact me directly at [email protected].

This has been a long and complicated project - but also very rewarding. Now, we need your help in growing the awareness and popularity of RaceFansTV, while we continue to make improvements and add a great deal more video content that is on its way to us.

I look forward to seeing you on RaceFansTV !!

Jim Liberatore

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Isn't Jim Liberatore the same guy that started Speed?

3. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    I believe so, he was a past president as well.

4. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    Nice find, I hope they convert some vintage mini films. I see they have plans to do so with Cooper cars, hope they add Charles and John Cooper. Looks like they have quite a backlog.:Thumbsup:

5. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I hope they can keep this going.

6. robbybee

robbybee New Member

May 18, 2010
    Sales
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's always great to have alternatives to what the networks choose to show.

I am a life-long NASCAR Fan. I attended my first-ever NASCAR event at the ripe young age of 14, in 1967 - you do the math - at the long-gone Riverside Raceway in Riverside, CA.

I was a race fan prior to that due to the fact that my Dad owned a wrecking yard directly across the street from the famed ASCOT Raceway in Gardena, back in the 50's. I met lots of racers in my youth. I probably would have become a racer, but Mom said, "Hell No!" when Dad approached her with the idea of buying me a Quarter Midget when I was about 6 years old.

I love all forms of Motorsports. I still, to this day, harbor a hatred and a resentment towards Tony George for what his selfish actions did to Open Wheel Racing in this country. A POX on you, Sir!!

I will join - and I will watch! Thanks for the heads up!!