New (to me) Mini owner in Spokane WA

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by jerryb2005mcs, Jan 13, 2013.

1. jerryb2005mcs

jerryb2005mcs New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Sr. Technical Consultant for company in the energy
    Spokane, WA
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Hi there. I've recently purchased a dark silver and black 2005 MCS. I haven't been able to drive it much since driving the 5 hours from Tacoma to Spokane with it. But that drive was great!

The car had a lot of work done to it by its previous owners and I've had a lot of fun tracking down its history. It's a little like I'm my own private investigator!
    It's been a week since I bought the car and I'm still learning little bits here and there.

One interesting item I'm trying to figure out is if it was chipped or reflashed. I read in one of the previous owners postings on this and another site, that the car had been tuned by Mynes Performance. I'm still trying to figure out what that actually means.

The site mynesperformance.forumotion.com doesn't provide any information about their products or services. I've read that a lot of people have had their Minis tuned by them.

Modificaitons (and this is just what I know):
    Wilwood big brakes
    18" Koneg wheels
    Brake ducts
    15% pulley
    Alta CAI with some custom work done to it
    Carbon fiber hood scoop that looks larger than the stock
    M7 intercooler with in cockpit digital read out of intake and output temps
    Ceramic coated header
    Custom straight pipe exhaust (this is the loudest exhaust I've heard in a while) with some custom resonator.
    M7 oil catch can
    M7 coilovers
    Ireland Engineering camber plates (these are broken and will be fixed/replaced)
    M7 strut tower plates
    Custom rear control arms
    Lots of under body braces and x braces

The whole car has been blacked out.
    The interior is stock except for the a pair of Sparco race seats and some 3M carbon look laminate everywhere. I'm not a big fan of all of this and I'll likely remove it since a lot of it is begining to peel.

The rear wiper has been removed. I'll be looking for a replacement as it's pretty important to have one in Spokane.

Lastly the battery has been moved into the cargo area to make room for the exhaust. That was almost a deal breaker when I bought it. I'll be dropping the exhaust for another cat-back system and putting the battery back where it belongs.

Other than that I'm loving the car and I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun with it.

Oh, here's a picture of it after I got it home. Unfortunely my garage is full so it has to sit outside until I sell one of my cars to make room.

[​IMG]

Anyway, hi there!

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Welcome to MA and congratulations on getting your R53 MINI. Yeah someone did a lot of mods on that car and I could see why that you would like to have some of them changed back. That car is ready for autocross and HPDE(high performance driving experience) and probably already has done them. Some new buyers would think that,"I'm all set for racing!" Unfortunately she's way over modified for that and some mods would actually have to be removed. The good side, you can save all of your money for regular maintainence.:Thumbsup:

Jason

3. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    Congrats and welcome to m/a

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, thanks for joining Motoring Alliance, the FUN and Friendly MINI Community.

5. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Welcome:biggrin5:

6. debscooper

debscooper New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Export/Food Service Sales Service
    annandale nj ~ OZ
    Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    Welcome and you're certainly now in the right place . . You are now supported by some of the best of the best when it comes to Mini . . . So ask away and know that advice comes from some of the most skilled people wanting to give the best advice possible . . . . Show us photos of the progression . . . You're in a safe place now . . . Glad you found us :Thumbsup:

7. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Welcome to M/A.

That is a nice MINI you have there. Once you peel all that black off your MINI will really shine. That black stuff isn't my favorite either. Lots of folks do like it though.

8. jerryb2005mcs

jerryb2005mcs New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for all the welcomes!

After spending just a couple hours browsing through the posts on this site I'm sure I've found the right place.

Now it's time to start having some fun with it!

9. ccain

ccain Active Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Nice MINI! :Thumbsup:

Welcome. :beer

'New here myself. You'll find that the folks here are absolutely easy to talk to and never make you feel like you're asking dumb questions. Oh, and if you haven't already, take some time to really look over the site and dig through the library. There's a metric butt ton of great info that has, without a doubt, been painstakingly compiled.

10. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA.
    R53 just the ticket!

11. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Welcome to M/A the FUN Mini site. :Thumbsup:

12. Mini'mon

Mini'mon New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    MINI Performance Parts Designer
    San Francisco, CA
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    A warm welcome to M/A. Have fun! :Thumbsup:

-Clint

13. eMINIparts

eMINIparts Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Mar 13, 2012
    MINI Parts Advisor
    Bedford NH
    Ratings:
    +1,090 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the cool MINI forum!

14. jerryb2005mcs

jerryb2005mcs New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Well, sold my other small car...my '67 bug.
    So, now I've got the Mini in the garage where it's safe and warm! :Thumbsup: