Engine Drivetrain 2nd Gen S NOBS Engineering CAI

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by joey4420, Aug 16, 2010.

1. joey4420

joey4420 New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Liberty Twp OH
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So today I finally get around to installing my CAI that I ordered back in June. The instruction were extremely well detailed and as long as you read them through you shouldn't have any issues installing this at all.

I wish I had taken more photos during the install, but thankfully you can download the install PDF right off of their web site and get better info than I can show you.

I did cut the 3.5 inch hole in the firewall and removed the noisemaker while I was there (a 1 inch PVC cap and a moment to remove). After the install I went for a drive with the A/C off and the windows up and you could hear the intake a little when you first accelerate and then nothing until you let off of the gas then you could hear the diverter valve blow off.

Under hard acceleration you could hear the intake and a slight whine or squeal but not bad and then hear the diverter let go between shifts. With the noisemaker off it was actually less noisy then normal under normal driving and sounded very nice.

I am very impressed with the quality of the CAI from NOBS and for the price who could complain. Check out their web site for current pricing, lets just say it is cheaper than any others that I have found and sounds great.

I will try to get a audio/video recording uploaded as soon as I can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. joey4420

joey4420 New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Liberty Twp OH
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay after almost a week of having this on, I can say that I love the sound of the diverter valve, the whine of the turbo spooling up... sadly I think my fuel economy may suffer a little because I do tend to push it so I Can hear it.

The only sound I don't like and I am sure this is normal is the almost grinding should of the turbo starting to spin up. Keep in mind I am half deaf and this sound could be different than a grinding noise, but that is what it sounds like to me.

So far I give this 2 thumbs up... and both my boys love to hear the diverter as well.

3. Porthos

Porthos New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  4. PaImportTuner

PaImportTuner New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WTF, I did not mean to revive this...

5. ScottinBend