OctaneGuy: Need your vote again, please!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Octaneguy, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Last year you guys helped me to win 1st place for best detailing in Orange County, California.

Best Detailing in the 2010 "Best of the OC HOTLIST" Contest

That publicity helped me gain new exposure and stand apart from all the mobile detailers in this city. Since that time I moved into my own shop and focused my efforts on creating the ultimate detailing shop complete with lifts, wash bay using distilled water, a commercial pressure washer and foam cannon, specialized lighting, and more. I've also expanded my product line to encompass the best microfiber towels and more specialized detailing tools. New services were added to appeal to different budgets.

It's time to vote again and I really need your help more than ever! The competition is tougher this year, and I need to hold my place! :lol:

It only takes a few seconds to vote at this link:

ShowCarDetailing.com in Orange County on HOTLIST

Remember, you can always participate in discussions and see the latest work and products at my FaceBook page easily found at www.FaceBook.com/ShowCarDetailing

I hope I can count on your support! Thanks in advance!

Richard

2. AXO

AXO New Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Wellington, Florida
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Voted. You r currently in first place :D

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Earned 38 useless points that I have no idea how they can be used by voting. Also used the Gearhead Apps twitter account so even more people outside of M/A will see it too.

Good Luck Richard, I know things such as these do help to drive business.

4. Ernesto

Ernesto Club Coordinator

May 16, 2009
    Oracle DBA
    Skokie Ill
    Ratings:
    +658 / 0 / -0
    I don't normally vote for things when I am required to register for a site I am not interested in, but you got my vote..

5. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Voted also, Best of luck Richard!

6. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!! Let's keep it that way, lol. Last year they didn't show the place in realtime.
    You're awesome Nathan! Much appreciated!!!
    I know, I hate that too, but I really do appreciate it!
    Thanks!!!!!

7. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    I guess I find it a bit odd why you would ask for votes on a local contest? Isn't this supposed to be something that folks in the area vote on?

8. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Why bother posting here if you don't agree? I guess I expect that kind of response from you.

So you are saying that if I have a customer in Florida that flies me out to work on his car, that somehow he shouldn't vote, even if he's a customer of mine?

Or if I have a customer in Colorado that brings me his car, he shouldn't vote?

Or if I have a customer that I taught how to detail and he buys products from me, but he's not in my area, that he shouldn't vote?

Frankly, I don't understand your logic at all, which also isn't surprising.

Richard

9. Ernesto

Ernesto Club Coordinator

May 16, 2009
    Oracle DBA
    Skokie Ill
    Ratings:
    +658 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate what Richard does on this and other forums, documenting and describing his work on the cars he details, as well as his help for people with questions or problems and am more than happy to throw a vote his way even if I have never had a car detailed by him.

10. minintrigue

minintrigue Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Banker
    Cincinnati, OH
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    I voted for you richard. Now, is it better to not wash my car even though I can't see the license plate due to the road grime, snow, salt, etc? Or risk running through a car wash (I've never taken it through one!)?

11. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Sorry you feel so compelled to insult me as I have never stooped to that level.

From the website it just seems like this was supposed to be a locals only contest. I am not and never have questioned your abilities and dedication to your craft and to MINI's. The only problem we have ever had is the old Zaino/Prima debate. Which we have both agreed to disagree.....lol.

But you are not asking just customers to vote.

12. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Richard.....
    Keep doing what you're doing.
    I decided I would buy your products from Ohio, even though I could have gone with something local (and I have). The thing that drew me, was the effort you made to solve paint prep issues particularly through this forum. You seemed to be the only one going out of your way to do this and be helpful.
    Yeah, there are other products out there. But I always feel like I'm getting something extra from you and the products you sell.
    You are the man..... Oh, and I like Stephanie's smile. :D

13. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Scott, for whatever reason, you've always found it necessary to come into my threads and make trouble, that happened on the other site and this one as well. We both know for whatever reason, we don't get along, so go be a troll somewhere else, especially since you aren't a customer.:Thumbsup:

Thanks Metalman. I do my best and I enjoy it and I'm glad you appreciate that as well. Means a lot to me! Haha Stephanie is a cutie for sure.

Richard

14. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Wow.......seems I can't find any thread on here that you started that I posted on and caused any kind of a problem. So I guess I am confused as to why you would say that we don't get along as the only problem we ever had was the debate on our feelings about Zaino/Prima. I got over it, have you?

Sorry you feel so threatened by my post.

15. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Looks like I'm losing to a Paul's Car Wash and Lube Center cause this year they combined Car Washes with Detailing whereas last year we had our own category. :frown2:

16. gmodder

gmodder New Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Technician
    Willis,Texas
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I voted for you..Only because from what Ive seen you do very good work..I dont have to like you to relize that...

17. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!

18. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job