Ohio HS Shooting: Damned Shame...

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by Redbeard, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    For you Ohio folks this must really hit close to home: 1 Dead 4 Injured in OH HS Shooting

It's a damned shame. It will be months before a good picture is formed of what happened. I'm sorry for the loss. I'm also left wondering what the hell has this world come to? I was out of HS when Columbine happened. Every couple of years you hear about this happening. What can be done to avoid this I wonder...

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Very sad indeed.:( One life lost & one ruined. I sure hope the injured survive. What a tragedy.

3. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Simple......too many guns out there and no one (parents) is teaching the kids how to handle the pitfalls of adolescence. Seems most parents don't want to be bothered with raising their kids anymore. They think giving them whatever the kids want and walking away and then placing the blame on others why their kids are messed up.

4. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    The world has changed Redbeard, in many ways. Way back in 1964, I attended a Military Prep School and I assure you, this would NOT have happened there. Also, back in those days, judges would give young hoods a choice of jail or the Army, but then the Army is not what it was back then either. Today everyone just comes up with a reason why a kid shoots others and determine it was not their fault, because they were misunderstood or some such crap. :nonod:

Very sad thing indeed.

Jim