Ozark details

Discussion in 'Minis In The Ozarks (October 25 - 28, 2012) - Eur' started by Sams57, Aug 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Sams57

Sams57 New Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where does this take place? I bought my MCS in June, and have never been involved with an event. Help out a newbie?

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
  3. ljmattox

ljmattox Active Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    IT consultant
    St Louis metro USA
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to attending...Nathan provided the link.

Eureka Springs in late October...great roads everywhere...100+ MINIs. Should be a great time!

4. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to M/A :Thumbsup: Seeing as this was your first post, you have to help too :cornut:

5. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Okay....now my interest in this event has been aroused. I need advise from those that have attended this in previous years. Understanding that all within, let's say a five hour drive, have this on their calendar....would you put this on your calendar if it was a 12.5 hour drive?

6. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    OK, CHKMINI, having been last year, having visited Eureka Springs before that, I'll try to deal with your question. The event is extremely well run. The roads are magical. The Saturday night party is a gas. If you bring a co-pilot, she will love poking around the shops in ES. Breakfast at the Mud Street café is not to be missed. OK enough of the superlatives. There are people from as far as CA and FL registered so they seem to think an extended drive is worthwhile. Besides, that's an extra 12.5 hours you get to spend motoring. If you go out the next month to make up those lost 12.5 hours you missed by not going you will always know that it could have been 25 hours, those 12.5 you'll never make up. You know you want to or you'd never have asked in the first place, so get cracking!

7. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    We have not attended before, but are going this year. Spent a week motoring around those parts in June, can't wait to get back:Thumbsup:

8. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Had planned on going but it is the same weekend as the SEMA show in Vegas, but next year MITO wins,I will most certainly be there.
    I have been there for a Corvette rally, really nice roads great little town.

9. MINIFIED

MINIFIED New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: MINIS in the Ozarks

As one who has driven 11 straight days .. to get from Cherokee, NC to Bar Harbour Maine just for ice cream, 12.5 hours is definitely do-able ..

Registered. And will be driving 17.5 hours each direction for the weekend .. if anyone headed from NC or points between that want to try and co-ordinate a caravan, shoot me a PM ..

I've had this event on my list for 3 years .. last year got so far as to register and then had to drop out, but this year it's gonna happen! My MINI insists ..

(I am friends with some who have traveled from FL and are going back again this year, that to me is a testament to it being worth the drive!)

10. Spiney

Spiney New Member

Sep 6, 2012
    nr Boston, MA
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    We're registered for MITO from Massachusetts. Google says it's 25 hours each way, so that's three or four days each way for us. We went to MINIs On Top this year and my wife now wants to make it to all the events (Dragon, MVIV, Mickey and MINI, everything, hopefully not all in one year though...)

11. ljmattox

ljmattox Active Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    IT consultant
    St Louis metro USA
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Leaving for MITO in two weeks! Looking forward to some great motoring.

150+ MINIs registered at this point.

Will be the first transit with a German shepherd in my MINI...we'll see how she does, and we do, with us in such close quarters!

12. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    We've done this event three times and have always had a terrific time. For a MINI Club who didn't even have a MINI dealer in their state, they do a terrific job on this event, and the people are typical MINI owners - wonderful!

Highly advise you try this event, you'll have a great time!