Engine Drivetrain 2nd Gen S P2187 error code

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by genik, Jul 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. genik

genik Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This is how it happened, i had a CEL, no ASS, no Boost over 4000. The next day CEL turned off, i ASS worked, Boost came back, went to check for errors and P2187 showed as a pending error, what is that code all about?

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: P2187 = Too lean at idle. If it doesn't come back then you're home free. If it does come back then you'll be looking at the fuel pump and checking for fuel leaks.:Thumbsup:

Jason

3. genik

genik Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    what does
    - too lean at idle mean?
    - home free?

4. Jason Montague

Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Sorry about that. Too lean at idle= not enough fuel per the amount of air when the engine is idling. Do you have an after market rubber flexible air intake hose? These can intermittently cause that code to be thrown. Home Free= if the code does not continue to be thrown then nothing has to be done. It was a glitch.:Thumbsup:

Jason

5. genik

genik Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    nope i have nothing aftermarket on the car, only thing done was that i change oil more frequent than what mini wants me to and last time the mechanic deleted the oil change step, set it to 0. Maybe this was the reason why that code was found, the oil levels were lower than what the computer estimated since the oil change step was deleted and that maybe confused it, could that be it?

6. Jason Montague

Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: No this code has nothing to do with the oil what so ever.:Thumbsup:

Jason