2nd Gen Paceman Paceman Preview

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Minidave, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    They had an event at Baron MINI today to show the new Paceman so I cruised on by. The one on display was a nicley turned out All 4 S, they had no sticker on it but thought it would sticker out about $41K!

No, this was NOT a JCW.....:blush2:

Anyway, first impression is this is a BIG car, even tho it's basically the same size as a Countryman it just felt big.

I looked pretty good, I certainly like it better style wise than a Countryman, but I've not been a big fan of the looks of that car since it was introduced, tho I've spent plenty of time behind the wheel of a friend's all 4 and I like the way it drives.

Other interesting notes, the rear seats don't recline like those in the Cman, and it has a couple less hp than the Cman - which is weird.......

There are a couple of interesting tweaks in the interior - especially in the rear, but you'll have to see it, I don't think I could describe it in a way anyone would understand.

The bride thought it looked every bit as big as her A6 Audi Allroad!

I'll be interested to see how it drives.....

Oh and BTW, Baron sold their Goodwood! There's an ass for every seat, as they say in the car bidness!