Paul Gravel to drive Team Octane #48 MINI Cooper S JCW in CTCC

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by Nathan, May 16, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    (Montréal, Québec, Canada) – Team Octane is announcing that Paul Gravel will be joining the team for his first season of professional driving, entering the Canadian Touring Car Championship behind the wheel of the #48 MINI Cooper S JCW, a new car that was built over the winter.

Paul started racing last year in Québec and will be looking forward to learn new tracks, as a rookie this season in the Touring class of the CTCC.

“I would like to thank my crew René and Eric and the entire Octane team for their hard work over the winter. They have built a super-machine and I am looking forward to get on-track next week at Mosport†mentioned Gravel. “Paul is a great addition to the Team. We cannot wait for him to feel the rush of Touring car machines battling each other on track†claims Alain Lauzière, Team Manager for the Team sponsored by MINI GENUINE PARTS and Castrol.

Team partners include Bully Clutch, Revolution MINI Works, Perry Auto, Carrosserie Touchette, La Clinique du Pneu Granby, Lettrage Raoul, ASG Accessoire de Soudure Granby and Carbotech Brakes. Additional sponsors of the #48 include LDS Dyno, Centre de mécanique F.L. and Luc Pepin assurances.

Team Octane will make further announcements before the beginning of the season about their remaining cars and drivers.

The 2012 season of the Canadian Touring Car Championship presented by Continental tire will start on May 19-20 at Mosport International Raceway in Ontario for the Victoria Day Speedfest. The Championship competes throughout 8 weekends of racing.

2. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Congrats and wishing Team Octane another great season!!!