Possible Run

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by Justa Jim, May 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Was watching the History Channel version of the Hatfields & McCoys. Did a search and found this. I don't think it is that far from Columbus.

Jim

Many tourists each year travel to parts of West Virginia and Kentucky to see the areas and historic relics which remain from the days of the feud. In 1999 a large project known as the "Hatfield and McCoy historic site restoration" was completed. This project was funded by a federal grant from the SBA. Many improvements to various feud sites were completed. A committee of local historians spent months researching reams of information to find out about the factual history of the events surrounding the feud. This research was compiled in an audio compact disc called the "Hatfield–McCoy Feud Driving Tour". The CD is a self-guided driving tour of the restored feud sites. It includes maps and pictures as well as the audio CD.

2. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    In college I lived in a house with several friends. One was a McCoy and the other was a Hatfield cousin. Made for some interesting discussions. ;)

I imagine that the driving tour wouldn't be that far from here as well....

3. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    Damn it would be a far drive from here but I bet it is a good one.