1st Gen R53 Cooper S POWER... Hello, Hello...

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by Thumper460, May 29, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    United States Navy ..Retired
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Hey anyone here??? ...........

Just me..........................

Thumper

2. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Hey... did you know there is a new camshaft out there that will rock your MINI and not cost $400.00!! OMG and it is designed in the USA!!!

hello... anyone there???...

Just me.........................................

Thumper

3. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Seriously now, if you want to show off your latest thing why don't you just post up the info? Or better yet, send one to me (with a matching head) for independent testing.

Just you...................

4. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Hello... testing.. testing...

Did you know that there is a bunch of power in the stock camshaft, just by advancing the cam phase... WHAT you say?? buy a 300-400.00 Schrick cam and make a whoooooping 5-7 WHP!! Or just advance the stock cam and make 5 WHP!! Adjustable cam gears.. the way to the future..LOL

Just me............................

Thumper

5. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    WHY... Why?? Why spend $600-$800.00 for a header...and gain 7 to 10 WHP!! ( Or only 1 HP by some!!) Are you racing?? or just have the extra money laying around?? Just a thought.

Just me..............................

Thumper.

6. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    OK this is just a few myths out there... what do you feel?? WHY do you think this?? Dyno sheets?? SOP?? or just advertising?? Come on guys.. can not learn unless we share.. yes??

How many really have 230-250 WHP?? and how much did you spend to get that power...

Just me....................................

Thumper

PS is it true all that power is just for bragging ?? 'cause everyone knows the FWD isnt the best for power??

7. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    LOL why do you think I have anything exciting?? I just try to test the system and find out what is actually and what is just hype... wouldn't you like to make the same power as others for half or less cost?? Or is it a MOD on MONEY thing??

LOL... independent testing sounds like you are wanting a HEAD and cam.. then you will be rocking in the name of "Testing" yes!! Great idea.. however I like to trash my own stuff and get my own results... as there HAS been a bunch of "Issues" on everything to do with MODS!! Yes?? LOL but I like your gumpshion..!! If I dont do tests... then it is better the drivers of the mod make their own minds and see the power ( If any) yes??

Just me.....................

Thumper

8. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey, if I never ask there's no possibility of getting any free goodies.
    From your first few posts it sounded like you'd maybe came up with a custom cam grind that matched one of your heads and were going to sell it at a sub $400 price-point.
    As far as cam gears I'd be interested in seeing your results. From what I've seen on other applications with cam gears they seem to shift where the power curve is rather than change its shape too dramatically, especially with SOHC motors where one can't independently tinker with the intake and exhaust cams.

9. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    LOL.. I can not make any answers on (edit)s... sorry!! But the idea of a "Custom Cam" just for my (edit) is what I am getting at...Why Custom?? Why just for my ( edit)?? Why not for everybody's ( edit) ??Why not some one else's camshaft.. for anyones application?? See what I mean... this isnt about ME.. and MY money!! It is about the community!! and as more people realize this.. the more power will be available for everyone!! Not just a few HIGH DOLLAR people that are out for their agenda... yes?? I have NOT had my Hands on the camshaft yet!! The reviews are fantastic!! And I expect the cost ( as of yet undetermined) will rock the MINI mod world!! OMG we can buy stuff for our car with out selling our other car..lol !!

Shoot me a PM and I might be able to direct you better..

Just me................................

Thumper

10. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    WTF...

I've asked you nicely not to be a sales guy. I've explained how this site is run. Do you not understand?

If you have things to share then share them. I don't have time for your cryptic BS and thats not what this site is about. So either stop this BS and NOW, or go away.

You have been warned.

Nathan

11. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    This was an absolute waste of bandwidth.. might as well delete it. Seriously.

12. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0

It stands as an example of exactly what is not tolerated on M/A.

However, it is now Closed.