Issue Preparing for some additional migration data clean up - Post here

Discussion in 'Announcements, How do I, Feedback' started by Sully, Mar 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    All -

I'm working on creating a list of things that somehow "broke" during the migration. Use this thread to post links to the post that has issues. I will then use this list to develop a script that will go through and fix any issues that I can. Here are a few examples

Thread: The Phoenix
    Post ID: 1524
    Issue: Youtube video is not embedded. Shows up at this: [ame=""]GP Roadster Roof Road Test[/ame]
    Link: https://www.motoringalliance.com/threads/the-phoenix-the-gp-roadster-project.22081/page-77#post-387696
    (Note - I fixed this post.. so YouTube is now embedded.. :)

Another Example would be where text is incorrect.
    Thread: El Señor Cooper.
    Issue: Should be El Señor Cooper
    Link: https://www.motoringalliance.com/threads/el-se%C3%83%C2%B1or-cooper.29832/

The more examples I can get the more I can fix via the script. It appears there in some circumstances, where an apostrophe was used " ' " or quotes... odd characters are now showing up. Those seem to be the most prevalent. So any links to those or where media isn't working like the youtube example will help me try to figure out the overall pattern so I can correct.

Let me know if you have any questions -

2. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    All - I continue to prep for the next site update. During that time the site will be offline. I also want to fix some of the embedded video/image tags and any of the odd "text" tages. Such as the example above. If you see any threads that have issues that are not listed above, please post a link to them here so I can add that to the list.

Thanks,

Josh