Rear-ended...

Discussion in 'MINI' started by SNEEEZY - Erika, Oct 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SNEEEZY - Erika

SNEEEZY - Erika M/A Wrenchin' Babe!
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 27, 2009
    Female
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Schultze was rear-ended today.

Damage appears to be minimal, but he will get a good look-over tomorrow.

I'm sore and my daughter, Sarah, got the brunt of the impact because she was leaning forward, texting, so her back wasn't against the seat when impact occurred. She was whipped back/forth pretty hard. :frown5:

My head was spinning quite a bit when the trooper came to get my statement, so what I was trying to say probably didn't make any sense, but he totally got EVERYTHING screwed up on the report, so I get to go to court in November.

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I'm very sorry that someone ran into you. I would advise you & your daughter see a doctor tomorrow. It is possible you have injuries. Good luck.

3. SNEEEZY - Erika

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 27, 2009
    Female
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Chuck.

We were transported on backboards via ambulance to the ER and were discharged a little while ago.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    That always sucks. Glad the two of you are ok but don't be surprised if you get sore again in a day or two...or so. Injuries from rear end collisions are often slow to manifest.

Let us know how Schultze's check-up goes.

5. SNEEEZY - Erika

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 27, 2009
    Female
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Steve!

I've been running with the Hero HD and I didn't put it into the case this morning...of ALL days!

The camera faces the direction I'm heading, but we were rear-ended because a car used the space between Schultze & the car ahead of us to make a diagonal ZAG between the two cars to get to the shoulder and pass all the traffic to get onto the exit faster. :mad:

6. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Gotta love that Hampton Roads traffic. I was hit three times (rear ended twice) in the four years I lived there.

7. SNEEEZY - Erika

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 27, 2009
    Female
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the traffic definitely sucks!

There's usually a trooper in that particular area just waiting to give people tickets for driving on the shoulder...no trooper today. It took the trooper almost 15 minutes to arrive.

8. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Erika, glad to hear both of you are alright. Keep the MoM's informed of the progress.

9. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Glad to hear you got checked out & are OK. Time to get feeling better & let the other guys insurance fix your MINI. Start asking around to find the best shop in your area.

10. SNEEEZY - Erika

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 27, 2009
    Female
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm missing the HRMINI Donut Dash this morning...too sore.

Vicki & I went outside to take a look at Schultze and we ended up locking ourselves out of the house. OOPS! :crazy:

Anyhow...there is a lot of paint transfer & scratches on the bumper cover. There's a small dent/vertical crease that appears to have a depth of no more than 1/4" or so. The leading edge of the black boot/bumper protection is shredded. There doesn't appear to be any damage to the boot hatch, but I haven't tried opening/closing it to be sure.

When I had the sneezing accident, I upgraded to the Aero kit except for the rear bumper cover. Maybe I'll upgrade it this time around...oh, Nathan! (j/k)

If it weren't for the dent/vertical crease & the shredded edge of the black bumper protection, I could simply use my R/A with the appropriate Prima products to buff it all out.

I'll take pics later...

My plans for this weekend were to do the HRMINI Donut Dash and then give Schultze a good detailing and get him waxed & coated in Epic.

1. It's his birthday.
    2. It's autumn.
    3. Next weekend is HRMINI's 8th Annual Fall Colors Run.
    4. This is probably going to be the last nice weekend in awhile...

11. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I think going for the aero kit rear bumper is a good idea. You missed donuts??? :frown5:

12. SNEEEZY - Erika

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 27, 2009
    Female
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I missed donuts & the Motor Tober Event.

13. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    The main thing is you guys are OK. There will be more donuts & more chances to motor. :yesnod: Maybe a motorvember is what you need. :D