Brakes Wheels 2nd Gen Tires Rear Pads for the Track - R56

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by YesIFit, May 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. YesIFit

YesIFit New Member

May 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I am currently running stock rotors/calipers front and rear with Motul RBF600, but swapping out the front pads with Hawk DTC 60's for the track. I was thinking of upgrading the rear pads to something with a little more bite ... would EBC Yellows be a bit too much? What about Hawk HPS's or Carbotech Bobcat's/XP8's? Thanks.

2. Newbs49

Newbs49 New Member

May 23, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't mix brands of pads on the track. Call the guys at Raceshopper.com. they will tell you which pad works best with each other. Great prices also.

800-733-8380
    Also call Todd at TCE a vendor here.

3. Todd TCE

Todd TCE Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The problem most track users have with stock rear pads is that they break down from heat- not so much that the car truly needs so much more brake torque. Adding a competition pad to the rear can help keep the pad from burning up but then the issue becomes too much rear brake torque again. If you elevate the rear pad Cf you may find it necessary to then boost the fronts some also to swing the bias back to somewhat normal.

I've sold many a rear rotor kit (11.75) and as many for this vary reason as for appearances. While we don't 'need' such a large rear disc the added mass helps keep things under control. And when fit with mere street pads still provides a balanced system complimenting the front of the car's big brake kit. *Granted I'd not suggest this without that- merely showing the logic behind such a set up and why.