remote fob question

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by big biggy, Sep 26, 2018.

1. big biggy

big biggy New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hi guys,new to the forum and to the world of minis ,bought my wife a little 2002 cooper today ,it came with 2 keys,one is standard and one is the remote unlock key,it locks the car but the button to unlock it was missing (missing from the circut board,)before fitting a new micro switch i did a check on the board and the unlock part is faulty,,it stil locks the car and starts the car i just have to unlock it with the key and put it into the ignition before the alarm sounds,my question is if i buy a new board is there any way of getting it to unlock and lock the doors,i understand i will need to use the little chip thats in the fob for the imobiliser but can i link a new board to unlock the doors,ive seen a post where you have to go through a series of events to link a remote thats lost its memory but unsure if this will work with a new board,thanks guys

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA! I wish I could help on that one. You may want email eminiparts.com You may be able to give them the VIN and get a new one. He is very helpful make sure you tell him your on MA. Someone will be along that will be more help

3. big biggy

big biggy New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hi mcs02 thanks for getting back to me ,i hope it can be sorted at a good price,if not she will just have to live with it how it is lol,was just after a cheap option as i know they are cheap on the auction site but its only cheap if its going to work ,ill send eminiparts a message and see if he can help ,and wait to see if anyone has ever had this problem as i wait for a reply lol

4. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy MINI Alliance Ambassador
    Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Male
    TCB
    Main Street in the land of Oz
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the moddness...this is a great site with great people. I wish I could help but I'm not a teck...I don't even play one on the internet :) :) Let the fun begin...

5. big biggy

big biggy New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    haha thanks for the warm welcome guys ,i havent drove a small car for many years now ,bought this as a 3rd car for a bit of fun and i must say jumping out of a x5 into this ,omg i feel like im 18 again when i had my golf,the thing is on rails,just like a go kart i love it

6. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    I have no idea how to answer your question, but welcome anyway!

7. Rich Rodichok

Rich Rodichok New Member

May 21, 2018
    Male
    Central PA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0