Renew Protect?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by vetsvette, May 7, 2016.

1. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    I see that Renew Protect is a vendor at MOTD. Anyone have any first hand experience with their products?

http://renewprotect.com

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I have not. sorry

3. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy MINI Alliance Ambassador
    Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Male
    TCB
    Main Street in the land of Oz
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 0 / -0
    I have used it. It seems to work like he says...but, remember, nothing lasts forever :)

4. vetsvette

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Gotcha. Thanks. I don't believe in lifetime anything, especially where it relates to cars. Just saw that they were gonna be there and thought I'd check them out. If I hear good things I may get their home set to try out. If it has to do with detailing, I'm sure Dave.0 has either tried it or knows someone who has. I always had good luck with Zaino Brothers products on my Vette. I might just go back to them.

5. CarlB

CarlB Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I have used it, and like it. It last about a year and works better than anything I have used. I just put the stuff Dave O recommends on. That seems to work, but doesn't cover faded areas as well.

6. BruceK

BruceK Active Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Texas
    Ratings:
    +215 / 0 / -0
    I do. I applied the product to my MINI's black wheel arch trim because after 10+ years in the Texas sun the wheel arch plastic was getting greyed out and fading fast. It looked so bad and it bummed me out so much that I was actually thinking of buying brand new trim pieces at the dealer and just replacing the all of them to get my MINI looking good again. But I thought I'd try the product (I was a sucker for the fact they had a classic Mini on their website!)

Now here the funny thing: I purchased Renew Protect and applied it in 2012 - it worked great and made the black wheel arch trim look like new. Good so far. But then I just forgot about it entirely for about the past 3 years because my car's wheel trim has continued to look pretty darn good.

In fact, I had to click on the link above to remember that Renew Protect was in fact the product I had used. I can't say for sure that my car's wheel arches couldn't have benefited from a reapplication of the product during the past few years, but I can say that wheel arches still look good enough that I don't even think about them. So one application has effectively lasted me the past 3 years. And that's something that never happened with all the other brands of plastic dressings I had tried over the years - I'd be lucky to get 3 months out of them.

7. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
  8. vetsvette

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    I have Penetrol left from my old '07 MCS. I used that per your suggestion and was happy with it. I was curious about the waxes. Thanks.

9. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    When I worked for a car magazine, I got all kinds of stuff for free. I even got a Porter Cable professional polisher for free. I have not used the Renew products. Stoner has a good product for black plastic, like we have on our MINIs.

None of the black plastic products I've used last more than a few months, depending what you use to wash your car. I think what I have now is a Meguiars product.

Tire coatings all seem to be ultra high gloss anymore, which I don't like. I want my tires black, but not shiny. If Renew has a tire dressing that deals with oxidation, but doesn't make my tires shine, I'd be interested.

CD

10. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Find me or my car at the Dragon an I will have some tips for you for trim and tire's. They look wet but are very dry with no sling and trim last a year easy.

11. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,661 / 2 / -0
    Dave O's secret sauce FTW! :Thumbsup:

12. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer