2nd Gen R55 Clubman Retrofits - Who's done this?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by CharlieVictor, Jun 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. CharlieVictor

CharlieVictor New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Mar 29, 2011
    SoCal
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    There are a couple of things that I now wish I had included when I ordered my Clubman: Park Distance Control (PDC) and the Auto A/C. Has anybody tried to retrofit either (or both) of these features to their MINI? If so, I'd like to hear how it went.

2. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    You could retrofit the PDC, but it isn't going to be cheap. New bumper, 4 sensors, paint, wiring kit, module and programming the modules.
    As for the Auto A/C, trying to retrofit that is going to be a royal pain if you can even do it, I don't know anyone that has tried, but it would cost even more than the PDC.

3. CharlieVictor

CharlieVictor New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Mar 29, 2011
    SoCal
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I checked with my dealer's parts guy, who said that the parts for the PDC would run about $700, but apparently it is do-able. I didn't ask him about the Auto A/C. Looking at RealOEM, it looks like auto a/c changes out all kinds of things - even the blower motor has a different part number! Which is too bad, because the standard A/C controls bug the h3ck out of me. Time to hit the configurator and start thinking about what color the new one's gonna be!

4. alwzopn

alwzopn New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    MotoringFile had an article about a license plate PDC retrofit that sounded both easier and cheaper ($500-600 last I checked) than the standard bumper-fitted units. Not sure about the availability of this part though.

5. CharlieVictor

CharlieVictor New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Mar 29, 2011
    SoCal
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure there are after-market PDC units that could be installed with no problem. My interest lies in the integration of the MINI PDC with the car's Connected/Nav screen. More fun/bling than function for me, but it sounds like it's not worth the hassle and expense to retrofit.

6. alwzopn

alwzopn New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0