Riverside Motors Fire

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by LIL PIGG, Sep 1, 2013.

1. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    sent from Riverside Motors - Susan Logan

This note is not easy for me to compose for it represents over 40 years of service to British auto owners of central Ohio and farther reaches of the British car world.
    Last Wednesday night and into early Thursday morning there was a four alarm fire at the building housing â€Riverside Motors†located in Delaware, Ohio. No one was injured, nor were there any other buildings damaged by the fire. The main building/workshop was destroyed along with four cars, parts, tools, and inventory. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined, but further investigations are ongoing.
    We are in the process of personally informing all of our active customers of the situation and working out ways to make them whole. In the meantime, we are attempting to fulfill the outstanding orders, and making arrangements to complete work on minor pending projects.
    Over the many years, Eric Jones took pride in his work on British cars, and he was known and held in high esteem throughout the British car industry. We have attempted to maintain his high standards.
    It was five years since Eric passed away: perhaps he was telling us it was time for a change. In any case, the repair business will be closed until further notice. In the meantime, if you are in need of any parts, please feel free to give us a call. We still have many new parts in inventory as well as good used (s)crap.
    Hundreds of memories have survived from this place of work and fun, and many pleasant times with friends, customers and people just walking in to say “Hiâ€. Let them all remain in our thoughts as we witness the passing of an era with new adventures ahead.
    Cheers to one and all,

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Jason I drove up to the shop to visit with Bob on Thursday morning only to find the shop gone. I'm still in a bit of shock. Sad stuff & another huge loss to the local LBC community.

3. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    its terrible. I hate to send out info like that. Susan asked me to send it out. I am not sure if I want to see the place. I did a walk through at the picnic just to remember the good old days. Its just sad. I don't go up there much since Eric, it feels a little weird. it will not be the same without that building

4. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    I didn't go up there much after Eric's passing. Every time I did I was filled with sadness. Guess it was missing all the good times I had hanging around with my friend Eric at his shops. Don't know what prompted me to go up there Thursday morning. Maybe I was meant to be there.

I wasn't going to say anything about this, but since Susan has I guess it is OK to.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Saw some pictures of the aftermath. I'm sorry to see this happen.

6. ImagoX

ImagoX New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    My engine was in there!!!! I'm really, really happy that nobody was hurt, but... :mad:

7. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Sadly, finance. The most boring job in the world.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Ugh, fires suck.

8. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    What all this comes down to is, it was stuff that burned, stuff can be replaced. Incredibly sad about the losses, but fortunately no one got hurt.

9. ImagoX

ImagoX New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Exactly...

I'd written off this season months ago (Amy and are starting a software company and I'm honestly too slammed to take the time to install the power plant anyway), so what's a bit more of a delay?