RSR annouces additional drivers for 2010

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by rsstopper, Dec 11, 2009.

1. rsstopper

rsstopper New Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Cattaneo, Mirzayan To Run Second Mini in 2010
    Dec. 11, 2009

MESA, Ariz. - RSR has announced that VJ Mirzayan and Sarah Cattaneo will co-drive one of the team's Mini Coopers in the Street Tuner (ST) class during the 2010 GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge season.
    The announcement comes just three weeks after RSR announced that team owner Randall Smalley and veteran competitor Owen Trinkler will share another of the Automatic Racing-prepared Minis. With their team roster complete, RSR is ready for testing at Daytona next month.
    Mirzayan and Cattaneo have both driven under the RSR banner in the past, but this will mark the first time that they have been co-drivers. Mirzayan is optimistic about the pairing.
    "I'm excited to co-drive with Sarah," he said. "She's very focused, and we'll be working together to accomplish the same goal. Good chemistry is very important and I think Sarah and I will have that."
    For Cattaneo, it's also important to have good chemistry with the team itself. Returning to RSR was an easy choice for the Scottsdale, Arizona resident.
    "Randall (Smalley) is wonderful! He's from Arizona, too, and we met in 2007 through local racing there," Cattaneo said. "He runs a great team and I'm thrilled to be back with RSR."
    Mirzayan is no stranger to the Street Tuner class of the Continental Tire Challenge: he's been competing in ST since 2006, with a long list of top-10 finishes. His accomplishments include a trio of second-place finishes at Iowa Speedway, Laguna Seca and Virginia International Raceway. The Fresno, Calif., resident is also a driver coach.
    Twenty-three year old Cattaneo got her first taste of Continental Tire Challenge competition in 2008, when she raced at Virginia International Raceway with RSR. Cattaneo returned in 2009 for select rounds, earning a best finish of sixth at Barber Motorsports Park, which she names as her favorite track on the schedule. Although she used to enjoy a different kind of horsepower - jumping horses competitively - Cattaneo is right at home behind the wheel of a race car, and already has two NASA regional championships to her name.
    RSR, whose sponsors include Cruise America and Four Winds International, can be found online at RSR Motorsport / RSR Racing.

2. MightyStripes

MightyStripes New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Oct 29, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to the start of the season already.

Great to see the team is jelling, has the TV package been announced as of yet?

4. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Go Randy Go!

Good luck on the upcoming season...

Matt

5. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    More good news! Plus the season isn't that far off, with testing at Daytona 8-10 Jan and the first race (Fresh from Florida 200, also at Daytona) 29 Jan.

The calendar/schedule (here) is gradually filling in. The venues and dates are up though there's little additional detail yet. Looks like Speed plans to air most if not all (still quite a bit of "TBD").

6. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Dang. I thought Randy was announcing that I was driving for him. Drat.
    :eek:ut:

Great news - good luck, gang!

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure if the check has enough 0's to the left of the decimal and does not bounce when deposited you too could be a team driver.

8. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Tru dat.

Alas, not enough pre-decimal zeros in my bank account.