Mini News Save the Date: MTTS is July 4-15, 2012

Discussion in 'MINI News and Articles' started by Nathan, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    #1 Nathan, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

Many of you will receive this information in an email from MINI over the next few hours, but we’ve got the word early thanks to MINI and White Roof Radio. This year’s installment of MINI’s epic road trip, MINI Takes The States, will take place over 11 days starting on Independence Day. Celebrating 10 years of MINI, it’s an East-to-West road trip and while the exact start point, end point and way points are as yet unrevealed, expect the main route to run coast to coast. Along the way, MINI has lots planned. There will be sights to see, but more thrilling are the once-in-a-lifetime MINI motoring opportunities that MINI USA is likely to organize along the way. Previous MTTS trips have given people the chance to drive their cars on the Bonneville Salt Flats, and even around the oval at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Attractions aside, expect MINI to throw a hell of a party from sea to shining sea. Registration starts in April with full route details expected sometime next month. Are you excited yet? You should be.

Go Forth. Go West. Go MINI

MotoringFile

2. JoeyMoto

JoeyMoto New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Indy??!! I hope they stop by Talladega! I would love to take my car on a 33 degree incline maxed out! Sounds like a party

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    The full MINI Press Release.

Go Forth. Go West. Go MINI.

MINI TAKES THE STATES 2012 Confirmed To Kick Off July 4, 2012

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – January 27, 2012… The biggest official MINI road rally is scheduled to take place again this summer. The bi-annual MINI Takes the States (MTTS) rally will kick off on the east coast Wednesday, July 4th and will make the cross-country trek to the Pacific Ocean concluding on Sunday, July 15th.

“MTTS is perhaps the brand’s greatest demonstration of our commitment to the MINI community,†said Jim McDowell, Vice President MINI USA. “During MTTS, MINI USA acts on its promise to deliver a motoring experience unlike any other brand, engaging owners and their families and ensuring they enjoy their MINI to the fullest extent possible.â€

As MINI celebrates its 10-year anniversary this year in the US, thousands of MINI owners and enthusiasts will join the cross-country rally, or a leg of it, dotting the horizon with a gleaming caravan of MINIs. Along the way, MINI USA will provide its loyal owners and enthusiasts with genuine, once-in-a-lifetime motoring experiences. The 2010 event included a run on the Bonneville Salt Flats and laps on the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway, in addition to other engaging daily activities. MTTS 2012 route details and adventures are still being finalized; full details will be provided in the coming weeks.

• During the event, media will have the opportunity for:
    • Sneak peeks and early test drives of all-new MINI vehicles and technologies
    • Interviews with MINI executives and owners for unique feature stories
    • Autocross experiences demonstrating MINI’s performance and handling
    • Immersion in the festive, cheeky MINI culture and the lifestyle the brand offers
    • Interaction with the charity partner chosen to receive net proceeds from the registration fee

Participant registration begins in April, but owners and enthusiasts can sign up now to receive updates at MINIUSA.com. Media with questions about the event or interested in participating should contact the MINI USA Communications Team directly.

4. MikeMiniJCW

MikeMiniJCW New Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Consultant
    Northern Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am hoping it starts in DC or Philly!

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    MINI does say coast to coast so I'm going to speculate it will be from in sight of the Atlantic to in sight of the Pacific.

Then if we start to think about some of interesting National Roads there is Rt 50 that does go coast to coast starting in Ocean City, MD and ending in West Sacramento, CA.

This is by no mean an announcement of the route just pure speculation. But it if is true, you heard it here first!

6. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    That would be alright on US 50, it goes right through the middle of town....

7. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    While I've not driven much of US 50 across the USA (I'm an I 80 traveler), it's tabbed a "principal highway" and runs through some pretty remote landscape in many parts of the country. Also, I'd steer clear of W. Sac..... Just say'n.

I guess for us west-coasters it's not a real issue. We just need ta know where the end of the road will be and make plans accordingly.

Cheers and look forward to July 2012. :beer

8. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    How about a train trip from the West Coast to the East Coast to start the adventure.

9. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^^ :idea: Can we load the MINIs on flat cars at Vandenburg? :lol: ^^^^^

10. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Can you imagine the paperwork to get a train to stop at Vandenberg AFB and to move onto a spur track to load the Minis and people.

I would really be excited about loading the Minis and ourselves on a train to go from the West Coast to the East Coast. There has to be many places, such as San Francisco or Los Angeles, where we could load onto a train. I wonder what the cost would be?

11. kconner5

kconner5 New Member

May 23, 2011
    Works at MINI of Fairfield County
    New Canaan, CT - High Point, NC (College, High Poi
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I'd take the train back from the west coast to the east!

12. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    They loaded the MINIs on a train at the end of the Italian Job so I don't think it would be too hard to work out if you wanted to spend the money to make the trip.