Searching for Sprog II

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Sarcux, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Sarcux

Sarcux New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    GM at the Bone Creepers
    Macedonia, OH
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    #1 Sarcux, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    Hello everyone!

I sold my Mini over 2 years ago now, and I have to say I'm becoming quite nostalgic. I sold it to a nice gentleman from New Orleans, but know he sold it again a year or so later to a friend.

I do not know its current location, and I have been unable to contact the man I sold it to.

I am wondering if any of you have seen Sprog II buzzing around, I imagine it's still in Louisiana, or perhaps Texas or another Southern state. It's my true hope to be able to find it again, and perhaps have the opportunity to buy it back from its current owner.

Those of you who know me know the car, but it is a 2003 Mini Cooper S painted in a full body Union Jack (I know there can't be many others out there!).

Here is a pic: Vintage Motor Cars :: 2003 Mini Cooper S

It likely looks somewhat different now, but the body should still be the same.

Please, if anyone knows who owns her now, could you please let me know at abarthadams at gmail dot com?

Thank you!

2. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Jeremy...you went to the "Dark Side" and got an Abarth? I sorta knew this would happen when you sold Sprog II, though...seller's remorse. :frown5:

That said, we, of MKO, miss you at Midnight on the Dragon. Please come back!

3. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Hope you find her, dude. She was always my favorite girl.

4. Sarcux

Sarcux New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    GM at the Bone Creepers
    Macedonia, OH
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    #4 Sarcux, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    Yeah, I got an Abarth as a hurry decision, as I was forced to quickly sell my Audi. It's really not a bad car, but not a good car for me; I'm too tall for it, since I have longer legs. I have to drive with my arms fully extended, and my right leg cramps up. If it had an extendable steering wheel, most of the problems would be fixed. It's a shame, because for the price it's really quite a bargain.

I sold Sprog out of disgust of the local Mini community. Long story. Everytime I saw Sprog it reminded me of the situation, and I needed the money at the time, so I sold her. Definitely sellers remorse now.

5. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Good luck finding him:Thumbsup:

6. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
  7. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Pat [sndwave] is looking for roommates, if you want to come to MOTD this year.

8. Sarcux

Sarcux New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    GM at the Bone Creepers
    Macedonia, OH
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Won't be able to, doing a tradeshow in Vegas starting on the 5th. I'll drag my wife to the dragon one of these days, I am curious to see how the Abarth does on it.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I can't imagine anyone buying that car who didn't love the paint job but I suppose it might have been repainted. That would make the search more difficult.

Regardless, can a car be traced by VIN? I know, a moot question if you don't have it recorded somewhere.

10. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    You could find the VIN on an old registration card or insurance card.

:idea: call your insurance company they will have it on file since those rat b@stards never delete anything.

11. Sarcux

Sarcux New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    GM at the Bone Creepers
    Macedonia, OH
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It would be difficult to repaint, since the paint is sort of 3-D like a real flag. Yeah, I'm sure I can dig up the VIN number somewhere. Thanks.

12. Sarcux

Sarcux New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    GM at the Bone Creepers
    Macedonia, OH
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I did a Carfax report on it, and the current (4th) owner registered her in Carencro, LA, which is near Lafayette and about 40 miles from Baton Rouge. Anyone living in this area? Looks like she's at 110,000+ miles now.

13. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Good luck with your search. It looks like you are getting closer to finding your old MINI.

14. Sarcux

Sarcux New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    GM at the Bone Creepers
    Macedonia, OH
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I can't afford to buy her back now, but I'm hoping to contact the owner and ask that he/she notify first me when/if they decide to sell her.

15. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Man I know how you feel! I had given my MINI to my son and was planing to get something for me this fall but he found a mustang so I got my MINI back. I didn't thank I missed it becouse I saw it every day. But a few days ago I got it back man is it good to be driving it agine.
    But the car I really miss is my old 1958 Fiat Abarth 750. I sold it years ago and I search for it every few months. I tried a vin search but turn up nothing. I also can not find the person I sold it to.
    It was a fun car and back in the day when it competed with Minis they couldn't touch it.
    Good luck I hope you are reunited with your old friend.

Attached Files:

16. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    Yeah... with a VIN and a fee, I'd bet that the DMV could give you contact info for the new owner. Perhaps run a title search?

17. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    That one sweet Lil FIAT. Very nice I can understand why you miss it.

18. Sarcux

Sarcux New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    GM at the Bone Creepers
    Macedonia, OH
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That is a cool Fiat! Another classic style like the Minis.

Due to privacy laws I doubt the DMV will release that sort of information (any stalker could potentially do the same thing, you know?). HOWEVER, I posted on Craigslist's lost and found in Lafayette, and someone from that area e-mailed me saying he's seen it parked a few times at the Judice Inn there (a burger joint). I called the restaurant, the guy that answered wasn't familiar with it, but said I could e-mail him the info (I did, with a picture), and he'd ask his coworkers, he took my name and number.

So who knows! I can't afford to get her back now, I dunno how I will in the future either, but it's worth a shot.

19. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Thanks it was a great car.
    It sounds like your close to finding her. I thank its worth the shot, you never know how things work out. Who knows maybe soon you'll be driving her home. :fingerscrossed:
    Good luck!

20. Sarcux

Sarcux New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    GM at the Bone Creepers
    Macedonia, OH
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Found her! Left a message with the owner, and sent him a Facebook e-mail. Fingers crossed! Hopefully if he is willing to sell, he isn't hoping to sell quickly, as I don't have the funds. =b