Sept. issue Motor Trend """JUKE long term""

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by ronnie948, Aug 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ronnie948

ronnie948 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Retired
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'm reading the September issue of Motor Trend and see the long term test of the Nissan "JUKE"

I see it has great miles per gallon at the 4,938 miles they put on it in three months.

It averaged """ 23.6 """ Miles to a gallon of gas. Wow!!!

I just averaged 34.108 MPG on a 2,094 round trip to Maryland (start to finish) with my 2009 factory JCW. 80/85 Miles per hour most of the time (air condition always on ) on I-95 running with traffic. Stop and go on 301 going up and stop & go south of Washington coming home and consider 247.1 miles included were driving around the city of Wilmington Delaware for ten days included in this mpg.

The least MPG I ever got was 27 mpg hot lapping Daytona speedway a couple years ago.

23 Miles per gallon normal driving or even aggressive driving with a small car like a "Juke" is a "Joke

I think I'll just hang on to my Mini because it is not only fun to drive but looks great and is comfortable. I also like the excellent miles per gallon I get all of the time, not just when I drive like a sissy.

:beer

[​IMG]

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    The styling just looks too funky to me....

[​IMG]

Sooooo, looking at these two pictures (yours and mine), which one do you want to be seen in?

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Yep it is a quirky car for sure. I do not find it as much as an abomination as I once did. If you could get a manual with the awd it could be a fun ride. Did they say if they were having carbon problems or other engine issues? Wondering if the direct infection bug has hit them too.

Now if you could get a MCS (car not trucklet) with awd that would be fun. I'd be willing to give up a few miles per gallon for one.

4. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    Was this the article: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/1109_2011_nissan_juke_update_1/ (but it is dated July 8)

The reviewer still liked it.

Personally, I couldn't get past the styling, or the mpg.

5. ronnie948

ronnie948 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Retired
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    It sure ain't no "Mini"

I guess there is a car for every person. I'm guessing there will be people that will buy the ugly Juke and love it even with the crummy MPG.

****************BUT************************************

Not Me, I guess I got spoiled with my gas milage and comfort and handling and the excellent power and good looks I have with my Mini Cooper JCW.

:donut1::beer:Thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Even my friend Mario loves my Mini
    [​IMG]

Over 20,000 perfect miles and I still like looking at my car.
    [​IMG]