2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Service check with maintenance warrantee and CAI?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Austinsynthetics, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Austinsynthetics

Austinsynthetics Active Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Mar 18, 2012
    Amsoil Distributor and Registered Nurse
    California
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Wondering what everyones' thought is on an installed CAI and a service contract. I just received a call from my dealer who said it's time for your free check up! I was a little surprised since I was told when I bought the car that I didn't have a service contract. I bought it used with 5K miles on it.

With that in mind….

I installed a Defenders Of Speed CAI, which installs through the upper part of the bulkhead. Do I need to remove the CAI, so that the dealer doesn't squeal and void any service and/or maintenance contracts that I have? I also have a 6yr/100,000 mile warrantee with it as well.

Thanks for the input!

P.S. If there are other threads on this…. please lead me that way… unable to locate them.

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    A lot depends on your dealer. My selling dealer had no issuers with the mods I had done to my MINI. Justa guess on my part, but I'd thing there would be no problem with an intake.

3. Austinsynthetics

Lifetime Supporter

Mar 18, 2012
    California
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Thank you…. thought I had read somewhere it was dealer dependent. So we'll see!

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Please let us know how you dealer is with the mod.

Which dealer is this too?

5. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I'd all depends on the Stealership. Most won't care since it's just a CAI unless your in Kalifornia.

6. Systemlord

Systemlord New Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    If you were experiencing say multiple misfiring and your engine was just running like crap the dealer might request that you remove it and return it to stock before they would start troubleshooting the issue, but again that's my dealer in Irvine California. I also have a 6-year/120,000 mile warranty.

They better not say anything about my Borla S-Type Exhaust System I just ordered because I'll bury their heads in concrete, I would refuse such a request!

@Dave.0, you should patent that name Stealers. I wonder what the percentage of bad vs god dealerships would be? Not we'll ever know.

7. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    If your worried about it, just slap the OEM back on, then when your done, put the DOS one back on :cool: I have ta do that every two years.......:wink:

8. Austinsynthetics

Lifetime Supporter

Mar 18, 2012
    California
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I took mine to a Nor-Cal dealer and nothing was even said. They changed the brake fluid, performed an oil change.... though I usually use Amsoil, but it was free and rotated the tires. I can't complain at all.

9. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    German/Swedish/Finnish marine propulsion equipment
    New Orleans
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    isn't the DOS intake fantastic? sound better than the stereo!

10. Austinsynthetics

Lifetime Supporter

Mar 18, 2012
    California
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I love the sound, very audible turbo swoosh, though my girlfriend says it sounds like "Red" is on a ventilator. The other thing I like is its true cold air...as it's vented from the outside the engine bay, though you have to cut a hole in the plastic bulkhead. ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1388505465.824795.jpg