2nd Gen JCW Set auto locking when all doors are closed

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by steve@thebuddhagallery, Apr 13, 2011.

1. steve@thebuddhagallery

Apr 13, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have set system to automatically lock all doors when I leave car and all dooors are closed. This does not seem to work (doors remain unlocked). anyone else have this? Am I doing something wrong?

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: One of our Gurus will be along shortly to help you with this. I'm computer stupid and therefore can't help you myself.:Thumbsup:

Jason:popcorn::popcorn:

3. alwzopn

alwzopn New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Where do you set this? I've never heard of this option.

How does it know you're out of the car and you didn't just open and close the door? Or that someone isn't in the passenger or back seats?

4. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Not familiar with that one I'm afraid. Sorry. :frown2:

Jim

5. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Sounds like a grand way to get locked out of your car.

6. BoCRon

BoCRon Active Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Milton, GA USA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I have the same option in my '11 MCS. I think it's part of MINI Connected or the Comfort Access System. You go into the setting on the center screen and you can choose lighting options, how the key fobs work, when the doors lock/unlock, the speed you will get a warning, that type of thing. I have mine set to also lock when all doors are closed as well, but I've never checked if it works since I'm a chicken and can't seem to get more than 10 feet away without hitting the lock on the fob. I, did however get the path lights to work the other night, so I must have set those correctly.
    About getting locked out of the car, the doors won't lock if the fob is in the car, regardless.
    Annette