2nd Gen R57 Convertible Slack Convertible Top

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by MerryMac, Mar 7, 2013.

1. MerryMac

MerryMac New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello All,

I have a 2010 convertible that we just bought as a MINI next. We have only had it a couple of weeks, but I just noticed that the top seems a little slack (slightly indented) towards the back on the passenger side. It doesn't look like any of the pictures that I have seen, but there is an ever so slight separation between the car and the top. I have never owned a convertible before so I don't know how tight the top is supposed to be next to the car. I did look in the interior and I don't feel anything wet although, I am sure water must be dripping in there a little bit. Is this normal?

Attached Files:

2. Angib

Angib New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    (Old) England
    Ratings:
    +425 / 0 / -0
    I would say there's nothing to worry about there. That place is the front end of the lifting section of the back of the hood and the back end of the fixed part of the hood - if you undo the handles inside the trunk and lift the 'Easy Access' back edge of the hood (when the top is up), you'll see why the hood changes shape here.

3. MerryMac

MerryMac New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks I'll check that tomorrow.