Spolier :: RSR Motorsports Lime Rock Results

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by Nathan, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    LAKEVILLE, Conn.—RSR Motorsports drivers Dicky Riegel and Matt Plumb stood on the ST class podium Saturday following a second-place finish in the No. 195 MINI Cooper S. The finish marks the first podium appearance for the No. 195 entry this season.

Riegel and Plumb really had to earn the finish after a spin early in the race set them back. Both drivers fought hard to work their way to the front after the early setback. Riegel, who took the green flag, was running in the top ten before he pitted to hand the MINI to Plumb.

While Plumb continued the push to the front that Riegel had begun, Owen Trinkler was holding down the lead in the No. 198 RSR Motorsports MINI Cooper S. He and Sarah Cattaneo were having a solid day after Cattaneo, who started the race, was able to move forward during her stint.

Trinkler’s hopes to win, and to move up in team points, were dashed when contact from another car sent him off-course and into a wall.

While the crash was detrimental to the No. 198 entry, the race was still on for Plumb, who suddenly found his No. 195 MINI in second. He was able to hold onto the spot until the checkered flag.

The weekend marked the first appearance Plumb has made with RSR Motorsports, and it is the first series podium finish for Riegel. The finish was particularly special for Riegel because it came at his home track in front of a group of friends and family. In fact, his co-driver is family: Riegel and Plumb are cousins.

“Our finish is a credit to the RSR team—all the technicians and engineers who work so hard to prepare the cars. It gives the opportunity for an amateur driver like me to excel,†says Riegel. “All the credit really goes to the team and to Randy Smalley for putting it all together. Obviously, I had an incredible driver in my cousin Matt Plumb. I was proud to be there on my first podium ever, representing Cruise America and Thor Motor Coach.â€

Ron Farmer and Jason Hart finished 14th in the No. 196 US LED MINI Cooper S. An unscheduled pit stop for the No. 197 MINI Cooper S of Randall Smalley and Chris Puskar dropped them down to 23rd.

Now, RSR Motorsports is on the way to Watkins Glen, racing again less than a week after the Lime Rock round. The team will have a three-car lineup, with Smalley and Puskar sitting out to allow Cattaneo and Trinkler to try to make up the team points deficit.

“We were optimistic about Lime Rock: we had good cars, and good drivers,†says Trinkler, who is also Team Manager. “We’re very happy for the 195 car, but it’s bittersweet for us since the 198 has fallen out of second in team points.â€

Chris Sarian will also return to RSR Motorsports competition this weekend, driving the No. 195 MINI with VJ Mirzayan.

The evening race at Watkins Glen begins at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, June 3. Keep up with the team online at RSR Motorsport / RSR Racing.

RSR Motorsports is sponsored by Cruise America, Thor Motor Coach, US LED, MINI USA, Pilot/Flying J Travel Centers, Performance Friction Rotors, OS Giken Racing Clutches and Limited Slip Differentials, Midway Ford Truck Sales, Mini North Scottsdale, Performance Speed Tech, and Carbotech Pads.

2. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Well done!!