1st Gen StanceWorks × AWOL.tv :: 512 Project footage

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Rally, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Rally

Rally New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Earlier this year we put on a show at an exclusive track in Austin, TX and our friends over at AWOL just debuted their footage of the event. If you're not familiar with AWOL.tv, they're a truly talented group of videographers that put together some amazing automotive footage from shows to track events. Be sure to check out their other episodes if you haven't checked them out already.

Our 512 Project show was an absolute blast. Enjoy the footage :D

AWOL | Air & Water on Land | Capturing the essence of auto enthusiasts worldwide

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Great video. The production values are quite high. Recommend watching.

3. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Cool vids. That Type 3 was sick.

4. AXO

AXO New Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Wellington, Florida
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesome Video! I NOW wanna go out and Slam my Mini. I was teetering whether to go low or not and this convinced me. Now to decide air or spring!

5. TATTRAT

TATTRAT Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Executive Chef
    NoVA/DC
    Ratings:
    +474 / 0 / -0
    Wow, really well done. Thanks for sharing!

6. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Those cars were LOW. I have no problem with the look and actually like it, but it would just not be practical for me to do. I can truthfully say, I have never seen a MINI I did not like. I would not copy some of the ideas, but I still liked them.

Jim

7. versus

versus Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Just finished watching this on the stanceworks blog, loved it.:crazy::Thumbsup: Then I went and checked out the leavenworth 2010 drive.:cornut: Hopefully some MINI events get some slick press like that.

8. Bigprfed22

Bigprfed22 New Member

Dec 1, 2010
    VA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :ihih: come on tax return.....

9. ZugZugMcD

ZugZugMcD New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I very much enjoyed watching that!

10. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    hellaflush at the track :lol:

11. Rally

Rally New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    You act surprised:lol:....heallaflush holds monthly gymkhana events and numerous track events throughout the year :Thumbsup: Plenty of driving events among the stance community despite the usual prejudices held by those outside the community.

It made a great venue for the event as well. Way better walking around a beautiful tree-lined track looking at cool cars than walking from row to row in a boring asphalt parking lot. I could have done without the TX heat though :lol:

We put together three great shows this year and are already planning on stepping it up for 2011. It should be a good year.

The Air Affair event that I put together every year was covered in this month's EuroTuner if anyone has a chance to check it out. :Thumbsup:

12. Rally

Rally New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    While we're on the topic of tracks and stance cars, I'll shamelessly plug our most recent blog article with a great collection of photos from our photographer, James Evins.

Introducing the 2011 Lone Star Drift Season

And for those who are interested in the community, the lifestyle, or the stance style, it's worth checking out the rest of our blog for some cool coverage and features :Thumbsup:

StanceWorks

13. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    and MORE than enough examples to help prove those prejudices every day :eek:ut:

14. Rally

Rally New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Have fun generalizing and mistakenly judging strangers. We'll continue enjoying our cars and having a blast:cornut:

[​IMG]

15. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  16. Rally

Rally New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Seems like it has some pretty meaty tires on there for any kind of stance car. Not sure that car or picture have anything to do with Hellaflush or stance. A quick search on nasioc suggests the owner just had lug issues. Good one though :Thumbsup:

I know how you operate, PGT, and have no interest in getting into a spat with you. You're entitled to your prejudices, but I'd appreciate you taking it elsewhere rather than cluttering my thread with it. Thanks :D

17. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I never thought I would say this, but the stance look is starting to grow on me. I even watched the vid again, but I would never get down the lane to the barn if I were that low. I will have to check out a show sometime, just to get a close up look. :Thumbsup:

Jim

18. Rally

Rally New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    If you find yourself bored and desiring to look at some interest stance-related pics again, I've got a little blog collection of photos going that might interest you: http://stancedesign.tumblr.com :Thumbsup:

19. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    there is extreme irony in posing non-track cars at the, umm, track. That's all I commented on and you defended it, as if the hellaflush crowd has cred as hardcore track junkies. Sorry.

20. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Ok Ok...So the Stance Movement is not your thing...let get past this please.

It was jsut a different venue to show off the cars. I think it worked rather well. So often we go to these events and they are in parking lots. This sea of asphalt approach gets boring after a time. Cudos to StanceWorks for trying something different and INMNSHO pulling it off.