Swap Meet?

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 9 (April 27 - May 1, 2011)' started by KittyMini, Feb 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Hey, forgive me if someone already brought this up, but is anyone interested in having a swap meet at MOTD?

I know I have a few things laying around that someone else could use for their MINI.

Thoughts?

2. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Waylan has a table that he let's folks leave used parts/stuff at to sell. I have picked up a couple of things over the years at different events.

Mark

3. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I saw that table last year, but was still too new to the car to know what I wanted. I now know there were several things I should have bought. This is shaping up to be a really expensive trip. :Thumbsup:

Jim

4. KittyMini

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'll have to bring some things to the table then :)

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    The Way table for wayward parts is hard to beat. You fill out a very short form, put a price on the item and leave it. Come back at the end of the day and hopefully collect your money.

6. KittyMini

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Cool- I hadn't heard about this table before now.... but maybe I missed it? :eek:
    Thanks gang!

7. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    It's a great way [no pun] to get rid of some MINI stuff and make some money to help pay for your time at MOTD. Waylen is kind enough to have a few tables and even some space in his tent. Just be sure to pick up what isn't sold on Saturday, or it WILL have disappeared by Sunday morning.

8. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Yup we'll be doing this again. We originally wanted to do a swap meet, but then each person would have to have space and sit around with their stuff all day. We decided to just hold the stuff for everyone and sell it for them. We don't haggle on the prices, and don't charge a commission. Only thing we ask is at the end of the each day you pick up your part or money so we don't have to store it overnight.

9. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    THIS is what separates Waylen from other vendors who are just there to sell and install their products. He stands to lose some money by selling someone's used springs, etc., but this gives people a chance to compare prices and it helps to promote great PR. :Thumbsup:

10. dawnmac72

dawnmac72 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Mortgage Business
    Murfreesboro, TN area
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    :Thumbsup: +1

11. FranticFreddy

FranticFreddy Drive-N-Eat
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Some Where between here and there.
    Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I Must agree, I always find some good stuff on the table.

12. IndiCooper

IndiCooper Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Falling Waters, WV
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    i love that table!! ive found some great deals on that table! speaking of swap meet, does anybody have a 2011 Midnight Black OEM front bumper and grill their willing to part with?

13. bintliff25

bintliff25 New Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Swap Meet

Way Motor Works, Swap Meet table is Great, I attended the MOTD in 2008
    and asked if WMW could bring a couple Brake cooling Ducts for R53, they did.
    I brought enough extra stuff to sale at there Swap Meet Table, to buy the Brake Ducts. Made me pretty happy.
    Is anyone bringing anything special to the Swap Meet table,
    just trying to idea, I'll rumage thru my stuff and post some of the Items I plan on bringing. it may be a week or two before I post.

14. Scavenger

Scavenger Active Member

May 11, 2009
    Male
    Apex, NC
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I've got some stuff that I need to move out.

15. BoCRon

BoCRon Active Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Milton, GA USA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I have a pile of stuff from my '06, but I'm resisting selling it. I have convinced myself that I will be getting another '06 at some point in my future and I will absolutely need all of it.
    I was at Way's yesterday and he had a pretty sweet CF bonnet that someone should enjoy, assuming it's for sale that is.
    Annette

16. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    I'll have some H Sport springs there at a low price and hopefully some other stuff to move quickly, as Way is doing some mods for me on Wed.

17. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Seriously you came by? Jason never told me. That hood will be going on a car soon. But I know several people have mentioned things they are going to bring to our used table.
    FYI if you are interested in buying from the used table you will need CASH.

18. BoCRon

BoCRon Active Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Milton, GA USA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I figured you were out testing Margarita machines or something :D.
    I picked up the M7 gear shift knob you were holding for me. I was hoping to do the software thing, but I'll come by another time for that.

Annette

19. amberback

amberback Club Coordinator

Mar 26, 2010
    QA Analyst
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Would anyone be interested in the following stock parts? I'm not lugging them down unless I think I can get rid of them.

All are from an R56 Cooper:

Stock springs (all 4)
    Stock rear sway bar
    Stock chrome cooper grille (center part only)
    Stock rear control arms (lower)

20. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    I think you are being shortsighted by not bringing down all the items you listed. There is never a guarantee for a sale, even when listing what you have beforehand. I say this because I have brought down items that didn't sell, lugged them back and forth for a few years and they did sell in the end. The point to all this is that, being a used parts table, there is no guarantee that the items will or will not sell. Miniacs from all walks of life come to just look and see what's being offered...and you just never know when you will walk in at the day's end and see Cheryl waiting to give your your money. Sooo, fold down the rear seats and bring it all down...and sweat it out like the rest of us! :lol: