Team Octane confirms Éric Lacouture for the 2013 season

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by Nathan, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    (Montréal, Québec, Canada) – Team Octane is pleased to announce that they have come to an agreement with Éric Lacouture to drive for the team in 2013. Lacouture who made his Touring Car debut in 2012 will be in the seat of one of Team Octane MINI Cooper S JCW in the Touring class for the entire “Canadian Touring Car Championship presented by Continental Tires†season.

“I learned a lot last year and driving a front wheel drive race car fender to fender was a new experience for me. We have had ups and downs during my first season but I am pleased by what we accomplished as a rookie last year. But I am also hoping that Team Octane’s structure will be beneficial to my progression as a driver, and most of all I want to ensure I am having fun†commented Lacouture.

Team Principal Alain Lauzière echoed Lacouture’s comments: “Eric has a lot of track experience, albeit most of it in powerful rear-wheel driven performance vehicles. Eric has shown us that he has the speed to be at the front when we ran him in one of our car after the end of the championship last year and during private testing. We are planning to provide him with the tools to transfer the speed into consistent finishes so that he can be a top championship contender by the end of this yearâ€.

In order to assist with this task, the #49 Genuine MINI Parts JCW Cooper S will be managed by veteran Crew-chief Pierre Mandeville who’s resumé pans decades of experience on the North-American racing scene. Pierre has recorded many successes behind the wall or behind the wheel in rally, Motorola Cup and Grand-Am to name just a few.

Eric will carry the familiar Team Octane orange color in 2013 with the support of Clinique Gagné & Lacouture. The #49 MINI will be joined by 3 more Touring class contenders in 2013. More details about the other Team Octane entries will be released over the next few weeks.

Team Octane partners include MINI Canada through their generous contingency program, MINI GENUINE PARTS, Castrol, Bully Clutch, Revolution MINI Works, Perry Auto Laval, Carrosserie Touchette, La Clinique du Pneu Granby, Lettrage Raoul, ASG Accessoire de Soudure Granby, Carbotech Brakes, LDS Dyno, SoCalSportscar.com, Sherwin Williams Automotive Finishes and Excell Porcs

The 2013 season of the Canadian Touring Car Championship presented by Continental tire will start on May 18-19 at Canadian Tire Motorsport (formerly known as Mosport ) where everyone is anxious to see the numerous improvements the facility has undertook since the end of last year. The track located north of Bowmanville, Ontario will host the Victoria Day Speedfest. The Championship competes throughout 7 weekends of racing. Details are available at CTCC: Canadian Touring Car Championship. Team Octane competes in the Touring Class of the championship and is looking forward to repeat their 2007 and 2009 Championship Seasons.

[​IMG]

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Great news!! I still want to make a road trip up north to watch a weekend of CTCC.

3. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,876 / 10 / -3
    Are any of the races televised?