Tesler-Mabe to MINI Team Octane for the 2013 CTCC season

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by Nathan, May 7, 2013.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    (Montréal, Québec, Canada) – Team Octane is pleased to announce their third touring class entry for the 2013 season. Carlos Tesler-Mabe will re-join the team in 2013 to contest the entire championship, after a short stint with the team in 2012.

“I had a great time with the team at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve last year†mentions the Vancouver-based driver. “It has been a dream of mine to race the full championship season in Canada and I wanted to do it with a team that could provide me top-notch equipment; the MINI is a ton of fun to drive and I am looking forward to the first event.â€

Tesler-Mabe will once again join forces with Canadian recording artists and twin sisters Carmen and Camille. The Juno-nominated duo just released their new album – NEON - which can be downloaded on iTunes.

“Everyone in the team is super-happy to see Carlos back with us now for a complete season. Carlos is a very experienced and consistent competitor and we know he will also be a podium-contender this season†mentions Octane`s Team Owner Alain Lauzière. “It is also worth mentioning that Carlos took advantage of the early Western-Canada racing season by winning his most recent race in the B-Spec category, a good warm-up to his CTCC seasonâ€.

Team partners also include MINI Canada through their generous contingency program, MINI GENUINE PARTS, Castrol, LDS Dyno, Bully Clutch, Revolution MINI Works, Perry Auto, Carrosserie Touchette, La Clinique du Pneu Granby, Lettrage Raoul, ASG Accessoire de Soudure Granby, SoCal Sport Cars, Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes and Carbotech Brakes.

The 2013 season of the Canadian Touring Car Championship presented by Continental tire will start on May 18-19 at Canadian Tire Motorsport (formerly known as Mosport). The track located north of Bowmanville, Ontario will host the Victoria Day Speedfest. The Championship competes throughout 7 weekends of racing. Details are available at CTCC: Canadian Touring Car Championship.

Team Octane competes in the Touring Class of the championship and is looking forward to repeat their 2007 and 2009 Championship Seasons. The team will field four Touring class entries in the 2013 CTCC championship. Éric Lacouture and Paul Gravel have been previously confirmed to drive with the team. Expect a further announcement before the beginning of the season about the other team drivers and sponsors.