The Car Show wit Adam Carolla :: First Previews

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nathan, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Funnyman and automotive freak, Adam Carolla, brings you the ultimate car lover's show, featuring awesome cars, epic driving adventures and the best of automotive culture. It's the perfect mix of comedy, shop talk and eye candy brought to you by Adam and his co-hosts, Pulitzer Prize-winning automotive journalist Dan Neil; "TheSmokingTire.com" founder Matt Farah; and former NBA Champion John Salley.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z1T6XU1AuY]YouTube - ‪The Car Show With Adam Carolla Promo‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8tYbiMxIa4]YouTube - ‪Adam Carolla talks about his first car‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl8qxsuvAVo]YouTube - ‪Dan Neil talks about his first car‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUagJ-3qtWo]YouTube - ‪Matt Farrah discusses his first car‬‏[/ame]

2. ronnie948

ronnie948 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Retired
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I watched it """AND"""

I think it will be a pretty good entertaining show. The first one was pretty good and I enjoyed watching it. At least it did not try to compare itself to British Top Gear.

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    My hits and misses...

Hits:

Adam Corolla was funny and for the most part in his element. A few shows under his belt and I'm certain he's gonna hit his stride. The bit in the back of the Rolls was pure juvenile Carolla at his best.

Dan Neil was dapper in his $1000 suit and Dan Neil is. True to form the same persona that comes across in print came across on the tube.

Misses:

The graphics all over the first section. If I wanted my TV to be broken into windows I'd run windows on my TV. Copying others "sports talk shows" with that crap was annoying.

Speed and their need to run 8 gosh darn million commercials. Then add in all the sponsor stuff on the show it's self and it becomes a massive advertising push. I know the salaries have to be paid but come one Speed, charge more for less. I'm going to watch the entire show. Give me more show and less advertising for the same brands in every break.

The sports guy, sorry, forget his name, sat on the far left. He was a dud.

All in all it was decent, I'd watch again. A heck of a lot better out of the gate than Top Gear USA was.

4. chilicon

chilicon New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Burlingame, CA
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The show wasn't bad for the first try.

The problem I see is the same that Top Gear USA has, which is trying to force the program into a "US" format - lots of really short segments interrupted by plenty of commercial breaks. I would prefer fewer segments that are a bit more in depth, and maybe even fewer, but longer commercial breaks, if necessary.

5. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I thought the first show was painful to watch. However, I will give it many more tries to see if it gets better. I am hopeful.

6. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    I'll continue to watch it just because I know Carolla will get some great one liners thrown in :biggrin5:

7. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    :Thumbsup:

8. tater tot

tater tot New Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I like Corrolla, I always have. But I thought it was really boring. I hope it picks up soon. Or like Adam said they'll be cancelled, oh wait its on Speed it should make it. They need some new entertainment.

9. countryboyshane

countryboyshane New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Diesel Engineering
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Why is John Salley hosting this show :confused: For the sake of "chemistry" among his peers?

Overall, I thought it was an OK show, but not good enough for me to schedule it into my nighttime TV regimen. I can't help but notice that John Salley doesn't add much though.