Thomson, Madden to complete Octane line-up for the first events of the 2012 season

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by Nathan, May 17, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    (Montréal, Québec, Canada) – Team Octane is pleased to announce that Karl Thomson, Team Principal of Compass360 racing (C360R), will be joining Team Octane for the first event of the Canadian Touring car season at Mosport from May 18-20, 2012. Thomson will drive the #45 Castrol MINI Cooper S JCW in the Touring class.

“I’m excited to have the opportunity to race one of Alain’s cars†said Thomson. “We had a lot of good battles in 2010 when I ran a Honda Civic, so it’ll be interesting to see how much performance I can wring out of the MINI. I’m looking forward to being back in Canadian Touring Car, even if it’s just for a single weekend, as I really enjoy the close racing the series offers.â€

Thomson will be joined by Ian Madden from Ottawa, Ontario, who will pilot the #47 MINI GENUINE PARTS Cooper S JCW. “I used to compete against Alain during the beginning years of Canadian Touring Car in my VW and we used to have heated battles†commented Madden. “It has been a while since Alain and I have discussed me driving one of his JCW race-winning MINI Cooper and I am happy that the opportunity was available for Mosportâ€.

“With 4 Touring cars and 2 B-Spec MINI Cooper making their debut for Team Octane this weekend at Mosport, we needed someone to oversee the operations of the team from the side of the track, so this is where I intend to spend most of the season†said Team Owner Alain Lauzière. “But I should be back behind the wheel for a few events later this yearâ€.

Team partners include MINI GENUINE PARTS, Castrol, MINI.ca, Bully Clutch, Revolution MINI Works, Perry Auto, Carrosserie Touchette, La Clinique du Pneu Granby, Lettrage Raoul, ASG Accessoire de Soudure Granby and Carbotech Brakes.

The 2012 season of the Canadian Touring Car Championship presented by Continental tire will start on May 19-20 at Mosport International Raceway in Ontario for the Victoria Day Speedfest. The Championship competes throughout 8 weekends of racing. Details are available at CTCC: Canadian Touring Car Championship.