Throw your clay bar away

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by docv, Mar 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    For all you OC detail people out there, and you know who you are, the days of claying are over,or they are for me.
    If you haven't heard of a "Nano Skin" pad you need to check them out. I do paint touch up for auto dealerships and in the course of four years with my current work van I have acquired quite a bit of over spray on it. I heard about these pads and thought I would give them a try, mind you they are a bit pricey but OMG.
    In four minutes I removed all the over spray on the rear quarter and glass of a Grand Caravan, in one half hour I could have done the entire van. Totally unbelievable,just a little quick detail spray for lube and a random orbit polisher and paint over spray, rail dust and your general road grime disappears with ease.
    I am not a vendor of these, you can get them at several detail supply houses, but I am a little OC myself when it comes to my vehicles and I feel like I have just found the "pot o gold" at the end of the rainbow.
    One pad is $55-65 and will do 50 cars.

2. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Doc. I'll check them out. :Thumbsup:

Jim

3. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Interesting.....I would like to get richard's (octaneguy) opinion.

4. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    I am sure Richard will chime in sometime, welcome his input as well. I have only used on light colors so far but I would imagine on black and darker colors you would need to lightly polish but white worked well, no visible swirls.

5. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
  6. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that is it. :Thumbsup:

7. MrCooperS

MrCooperS New Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I used nano skin last year to detail my MINI. I had the 3 inch kit and not the 6 inch orbital buffer kit. The pad fell apart on me after a bit of scrubbing. Contacted the company and they sent our a replacement fairly easily. Requires a lot of lubricant since the pad is very sticky. I'm not sure if I'd replace clay with this stuff yet...