Today was a good day.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nabeshin, Oct 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So back on September 9th, I went into Best Buy about an hour after they opened. I was after the Beatles remastered box set. They told me that they sold out within 5 minutes of opening the store that day. So I got a raincheck, 9th in line if any come in. The guy agreed to honor the release date sale price of $200.

Well, last week they got some in. I was out of town over the weekend and couldn't pick it up. I did so today.
    beatlesboxset.jpeg

I'm going to open it carefully and make copies to keep in my car - to keep the wear & tear, and threat of theft away from these.

I just wanted to share my excitement. I'm fine with the fact that they made original mono recordings into stereo, and that they only remastered the tracks and did not remix them. The Beatles are one of my favorite bands and I had to own this box set. All my old Beatles CDs are from the original CD releases back in the late 80's, and those were direct recordings with no effort to optimize for CD or high end systems.

Yes, so today was a good day.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I still have them all on vinyl. They sound just deliciously warm on my tube amp/preamp. Much better then the original CD release. I'll probably not be buying the latest remaster as it would just end up on the iPod for use in the car and well...with the exhaust I have it may as well be AM radio.