Tommie's Pizza tomorrow COMO

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by mergemini, Aug 20, 2012.

1. mergemini

mergemini New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Creative Director
    Latest stop, Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Do any of us Modern Mini owners attend these events? They seem to have a focus on the Classic Mini, but also British Cars in general.

Seeing all of you at the Brewery has made me regret not getting involved sooner, so I'm looking for the next opportunity.

Thanks!

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    I've never went to any of their events and I don't recall them coming to ours. They have some members that look down their noses at new gen MINI's.

3. mergemini

mergemini New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Creative Director
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, good to I know. I'll wait for the next Mid Ohio event.

4. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    We should be doing something soon.....before the next breakfast.

5. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    There is a group of us that usually met up and go to the "Italian Gathering" on the Sunday before Labor Day. I think there is a thread started already for it.

6. mergemini

mergemini New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Creative Director
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    The one at Wendy's HQ? I work there, so I'll definitely be there! Am willing to meet up in advance as well.

7. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I really don't know what to say. Reading this really pisses me off that you say that. Let me just share what COMO is about first before my blood pressure goes up.

COMO was started in the early 80's and have been having meeting every month since then. Yes we promote the old style Minis but everyone is more then welcome to stop by. COMO and OMO (dayton) have a ton of members that have both the new style and the old style. We help out and go to most to all of the Mini Meet Easts. Every British car show I have been to this year has both the old and new style Minis. I hope to have made it very clear that both style minis are welcome. Yes We do promote the old style since this has been what the club is about. My family has old and new, like many of the other COMO family has both.

Now, You don't ****ing know it but COMO members do join in on the MOM drives and outing. I am sorry that there are not any COMO drives to go on but there is only a small few that will drive their cars and the old minis are limited to which roads we use. My mini is the only Mini with a 5 speed and basically the only mini that can can keep up highway speeds. like I said the old style will be left behind on a MOM drive because of the highways and the high speeds. We don't want to ruin the drives and have MOM people wait on us. We go on the Riverrun just like everyone else but a 850 is a little bit slower then a new style.

Now I have no ****ing idea where you get off staying that the COMO hates the new style. Like I have said before Most of the COMO members have both and drive their new style daily. If someone has made a comment then they ARE NOT a COMO MEMBER. I think I have proven that I drive to MOM events in both a old and new style. I am sorry that I have not made it out lately. I have been working a lot and don't have the spare time right now.

I am sorry about the bad language but your comment really pisses me off. I think Chuck A. will back me up on what I have said. When I am at Mid-Ohio or a car show I always make a point to stop by and talk.

I run the COMO Facebook page, I send out the emails to the COMO members. If you would like to get on that list, then just let me know. Everyone is more then welcome to receive the emails. My Name is Jason Pigg. If you have a issue then please contact me, either by email or phone. I am here to help the older cars to keep them on the roads. I love all types of cars, NEW and OLD. I am a member of COMO (Central Ohio Mini Owners), OMO (Ohio Mini Owners), Buckeye Triumphs, Austin-Healey, and the BMWCCA, and I thought MOM. Maybe I am not a member of MOM since this is what you think. Anyone may contact me at either of the emails or phone number. I would like to say more but I better shut up.

Jason Pigg

[email protected]
    [email protected]

917-549-2519

8. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Yes Jason comes to our donut munches & drives.

Jason definitely likes all kinds of cars as do I. Jason I hope you continue to come around, you are a friend & friends don't give a rats arse about what car their friends drive. Friends first cars second. :Thumbsup:

I hate to see fighting among friends. Time to shake hands & let this go.

9. mergemini

mergemini New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Creative Director
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    My apologies. My intent was not to start any drama, it's the furthest from what I was hoping for.

I too am a fan of all cars and simply looking for folks who have the same passion.

Jason was quick to respond to an email I sent a couple weeks ago inquiring about the different clubs and offered up excellent information on the groups.

I will attend COMO as I am in the market for a classic Mini, and before I purchase, I'm looking to get educated. I will attend MOM as I love my modern Mini.

Again, truly apologize if I've stirred something up. I haven't even attended my first event and I'm not looking to make a reputation on starting trouble.

10. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Yeah.... I've have never felt alienated around them..... Seem like a bunch of good guys..... I really wish the classic's would come around more.... It would have been fun to have had them be a part of our Saturday outing...:cornut:

11. LIL PIGG

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    You didn't cause any issue. The problem I have is with what Mark said. I believe that is Mark. I don't like like it when some makes a negative comment about my club. I will defend MOM in the same matter. Mark's Comment almost made Mergemini stay away in a negative way. I think you get my point.

Thanks Chuck,I do appreciate that

12. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Jason, now that your blood pressure may be down I suggest that you read my post a little closer. I don't recall ever going to a Como event....SOME of the members look down their noses at the new Mini's. Number one is self explanatory. Im not on a list to knojw when or where they are. Number two is definitely true. I didn't say all or most...I said some. Based on comments made to me and to my wife at the recent Dublin Show which was from a Como member with others standing by him, "I drive a real Mini, not one of those new ones", certainly implies and supports what I said. The comment about no Como members coming to our events was incorrect and for that I apologize, especially to you and members of your family who HAVE supported our group, made runs with us, helped those in our group with their Classics and generally hung out.

13. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    mergemini you did nothing wrong.

COMO is where you need to be if you plan to buy a classic. There is a wealth of knowledge there & you can learn a lot from those guys. Besides Tommie's has great pizza. :drool

Jason tell the guys in COMO we'd love to have them eat donuts with us & do a back road drive. We'll stay off interstates.

14. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    I'll go crawl back under my rock now....y'all have fun!

15. LIL PIGG

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    last thing, Mark, I am sorry for what that guy said. I wasn't there for those comments and I wish you would have talked to me first. I know you love all cars and I hate it too when someone makes a comment. We support all Minis. I can't control everyone and I to wish people would just not say anything. Maybe I will steal another old Mini out of the building and make you jealous of all the Carbon Fiber it has. HEHE

the next donut is on me.

Jason

16. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Well lets see now. CHKMINI repeats what was told to him and his wife allegedly by a COMO member. Actually a comment that innocently applies to many different makes, brands, and personalities in the automotive community(many Bimmer people laughingly speak down to us mere MINI people and we laugh) . LIL PIGG comes out of the blue(wonder who emailed him to stir the pot? Crashton, Metalman, y'all have any idea?) to M/A and drops the '....ing' bomb not once but TWICE on CHKMINI and what happens then? Crashton and Metalman jump in to tell every one what wonderfull people the '....ing' bomber COMO people are and NEVER help(M/A brother) CHKMINI out of of a ticklish situation. It's ASHAMED they(Crashton and Metalman)should be! CHKMINI let me get a six pack and crawl under the rock with you. The atmosphere is full of collusion and back stabbing. Want to throw people under the bus(?), go to the sewing site.:nonod::incazzato::mad5::frown2::eek:ut::shocked:

Jason

17. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    And then Jason comes in and decides to stir the pot even more and tells [people to use the search too.

It's not even a full moon yet.

Enough, this is done.

18. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Back on topic, cars we love....

When you guys were cruising Powell I was parked on the lawn at Susan's house for the annual Brit car picnic on the lawn.

Lots of fine Brit iron with Minis & MINIs getting along nicely.

Pictures here, enjoy > 08-12-2012 Susan's Brit car picnic - crashton's Photos

19. LIL PIGG

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Hey Nathan, can you please delete all of this. and for the record I didn't come out of the blue, I check out MA a few times each week. I really like it here. I am sure there are pictures of me hanging out with MA folks.

20. mergemini

mergemini New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Creative Director
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Sooooooooo, if someone were craving Tommies Pizza, and might also be looking for a place to drive his MINI, which Tommies might that person choose?