2nd Gen R55 Clubman Tossing around the idea to upgrade to an S Clubby from my Justa

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by HurricaneDave, May 22, 2012.

1. HurricaneDave

HurricaneDave New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Tellecommunications Engineer
    Ball Ground, GA
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Well after putting around 900 miles on my justa I think I want a lot more power. So I am in talks with my local dealer to see what options I have as far as trading in my 3 week old justa for an S. I know it might sound like a pretty stupid move, and it very well might but I am kindof at that point where I dump a bunch of money into a justa trying to get to where an S starts (but that would take a Bunch of money) and think it wiser to weigh my loss on trading it in and just buying one outright.

Any thoughts or opinions?

2. Little Wing

Little Wing New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    You gotta do what you gotta do.
    I can't offer advice on what options are available.
    All I can say is that I was talked out of an S, then changed my mind at the last minute and got the S after all.
    I have never looked back or regretted it.
    I love my Clubby S.

Life is short.
    Be happy! :smile5:

3. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Can you handle the bigger grin? By the way, no disrespect towards the non-S. It's a serious decision you're making......:D

4. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I am very happy, as others are, with my Justa, but of you aren't, then trade. Ya gotta like your ride.

Jim

5. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Man that is a tough call. It will cost you a lot of donut spending units. If you took the money it would cost to trade to an S & threw it at your justa you will not come close to a S in performance. Other than doing suspension work there is not a lot that can be done to spice up a justa. I believe there is an intake, but not sure of any motor hop up bits for the non-turbo motor.

Good luck on a tough decision.

6. Little Wing

Little Wing New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Yep!
    There are many very cool Justa's out there.
    :Thumbsup:

7. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    My first MINI was a Justa and I loved it... There are a lot of cool ones out there... Jim's is one of them.
    But if you are thinking this already I'd say go for it! :Thumbsup:

8. HurricaneDave

HurricaneDave New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Ball Ground, GA
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for all of the responses guys! They are much appreciated from this end. I was absolutely in love with my Justa until Mini Mania this past weekend. The drive through the sierra nevada mountains was a blast but I struggled to keep up on almost every incline with the rest of the group being mostly either S or JCW. I am not saying we didn't have an absolute ton of fun but I felt like I was always in someone elses way. I have my dealer pulling together some numbers for me to think over as far as trade in is concerned. The dealer did an absolutely great job (I am not blaming them by any means) but in the end I didn't follow what I really wanted and chose to settle (and I choose this word cautiously) with what was right in front of me.

Hopefully they come back with a good number and I will order me an S Clubby. It also helps the situation that I got a spectacular deal on the justa in the first place.

Hers's hoping!

9. AliceCooper

AliceCooper Club Coordinator

Mar 13, 2010
    CT Technologist
    South Florida
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    You wont be disappointed stepping up, lets hope they crunch some good numbers for you.

10. HurricaneDave

HurricaneDave New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Ball Ground, GA
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Time for an update for all of you guys and gals. I made the jump from my Justa to a CLubman S. After around 200 miles I have absolutely zero regrets in my decision. Just in case anyone was wondering my wife and I made a compromise that I could go to an S as long as I got an automatic so she could drive it. Now she is seriously looking into the Countryman, lol! Happy 4th to all and motor on!

Hurricnae Dave

11. Rainman768

Rainman768 Active Member

May 3, 2012
    Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    So...If she get's her Countryman, do you get to swap out for a manual again?